In need of some reassurance !

Guest austibeach

Guest austibeach

I'm not very good at asking for advice, as I usually do the research myself, but right now I could do with some help from any of you that have been faced with the problem that faces my wife and I now.

My wife has been admitted to hospital and has been diagnosed with unstable Angina. We have had our application for a Contributory Parent Visa submitted for a year now and were hoping to move to Australia next year, to be with our family. Although my wife has suffered with Crohn's Disease for many years, we were fairly confident that she would pass her medical with that as her only ailment. However with this latest problem, although our major concern is undoutably her full recovery and well-being, it would be nice to know that our plans to be with our family could still go ahead once she has recovered.

I would be grateful if any of you have been through a similar situation and had a positive outcome, could offer any advice and reassurances. Given the likelyhood that our medicals would be due within the next six months, we don't know if she would be recovered sufficiently to pass a medical.

I do stress that her health is much more important than any move to Australia, but right now we could do with some positives to look forward to.

Eric.

Hello Eric

I can't help with reassuring you, but I just want to wish you and your wife well.

To be so close to getting your CPV and being with your family must be sooo frustrating!

Think of it as a hiccup and you'll soon have your wife home and helping you pack.

Wishing you both all the best, Pam

In the next 6 months her angina can (and i'm sure will) be well stablised. Whilst I don't know that 100%, there are a lot of people live with that condition. 6 months is enough for you to go through the medicals with assurances that her condition has responded well to medications and she'll have had test for which you can provide reports for (saves them asking).

As a 'glass is half full' sort of girl ... I'm optimistic that it will all be ok!!

Hugs Ali xx

Guest Guest31881
I'm not very good at asking for advice, as I usually do the research myself, but right now I could do with some help from any of you that have been faced with the problem that faces my wife and I now.

My wife has been admitted to hospital and has been diagnosed with unstable Angina. We have had our application for a Contributory Parent Visa submitted for a year now and were hoping to move to Australia next year, to be with our family. Although my wife has suffered with Crohn's Disease for many years, we were fairly confident that she would pass her medical with that as her only ailment. However with this latest problem, although our major concern is undoutably her full recovery and well-being, it would be nice to know that our plans to be with our family could still go ahead once she has recovered.

I would be grateful if any of you have been through a similar situation and had a positive outcome, could offer any advice and reassurances. Given the likelyhood that our medicals would be due within the next six months, we don't know if she would be recovered sufficiently to pass a medical.

I do stress that her health is much more important than any move to Australia, but right now we could do with some positives to look forward to.

Eric.

Hi Eric,

Unstable angina.....Angina that does not follow the regular pattern of Angina, It can sound a lot worse than it is. It will probably be treated with drugs to stabilise the pain and then have Angiograme and a stent fitted to improve the blood flow to the heart Muscle.

I have stents in my heart to improve the blood supply, Hopefully if they go down the route of having Stents inserted she will make a full recovery and feel great.

Having stents fitted did not make any differance to my medicals, I had a letter from my consultant saying the condition had been treated successfully. I was fully expecting my medicals to be refered because of this procedure being performed on me. They accepted the letter from the consultant and my visa came through 10 days after the medicals had been submited, So it was not a problem.

All my best to your wife, I wish her a full and speedy recovery :notworthy:

Guest austibeach

I thank you all for your replies, it helps to hear of others that have been through the same experience. We have waited so many years to be able to be with our family that although it's not the most important thing right now, it is certainly good to know that all of our plans and dreams can still be realised.

We have both endured so much stress within the past few months, first with my own health and now more importantly with my wife's, that the immigration process has rather gone off the rails for us. However our family are everything to us and we so much want to be with our grandchildren as they grow up, that we must remain positive.

Thanks again,

Eric.

Archived