Home contents insurance.(Seniors).

Mike@Bonbeach

Hi all you seniors out there

After my insurance company (2 years ,no claims,no change in contents) sent me a renewal notice increasing the premium by over 25% to almost $A1000 per annum, I rang them to suggest a mistake had been made, to be told that no-,that was correct but immediately without any hassle from me reduced the premium by over 10% just because I had "rung in".

I went on line and found www.seniors.com.au who have offered me pretty well like for like the same policy for just over $A400 with no excesses and increased cover.

They do other insurance too, cars,home etc so could be worth your while to give them a ring and you get to talk to a real person.

One thing that I did notice was a compulsary Fire Services Levy which is obviously based on the value of the premium because both companies applied it, whereas my first company were charging well over $120 the seniors insurance company were only charging just over $50. ( this FSL is apparently applied in Victoria and NSW to help pay for improvemnts to the Fire service.

Shop around guys even if you only speak to your supplier the bets are they will reduce the premiums.

Regards

Mike

Archived