where is the work on sunshine coast?

Guest belfast boy

Guest belfast boy

hi i am looking to migrate to oz asap - my wifes sister lives on the sunshine coast so she does not want to live too far away from her, but i need to know where the work is and is it in commuting distance? please help?:chatterbox:

i am a fibrous plasterer / suspended ceilings by the way!

Most feedback seems to be that you have more chance of finding work towards Brisbane , so as long as your not right at the Northern tip of the Sunny Coast you should be ok, as the commute to the city can be hell, especially if theres an accident (which is quite a regular occurrence)

Cal x

• 3 years later...
Most feedback seems to be that you have more chance of finding work towards Brisbane , so as long as your not right at the Northern tip of the Sunny Coast you should be ok, as the commute to the city can be hell, especially if theres an accident (which is quite a regular occurrence)

Cal x

Hi, I don't want to be too negative but I wouldn't even consider trying to commute from the coast to Brisbane.

I found myself doing just that when I couldn't get any work on the coast. I commuted from Coolum to the South side of Brisbane daily and lasted 5 weeks before I realised it was just not possible to continue.

They start early in oz so I was leaving my house around 5am to get to Brisbane for 7am. If I left work around 5pm, which is common in Brisbane, I sometimes wouldn't get home till 9pm. I spent many an hour queuing to get over the Gateway bridge, before the new one was built, wondering why I was doing this to myself.

I would think again about the coast if work is the most important thing to your chances of settling in oz. Could you not live nearer to Brisbane or in Brisbane and travel to the coast on a weekend?

Good luck.

Archived