Flight deals UK to Auz?

Guest gadgetman

Guest gadgetman

We are looking to fly our daughter over from Dec 12th to 27th to visit (Melbourne) but the prices are pretty crazy right now - most are around the £1100 or £1200 mark.

We found a couple of places advertising below £800 but they were 'ring up to book' and of course the prices did not exist when we called.

Is this just because its over Christmas? Are prices likely to drop at all over the coming weeks/months?

My daughter has offered to try standby - has anyone got any experience of this as an option?

You will find flights are more expensive over the xmas period, where possible arrive late Nov until Jan and you should see quite a difference,, its that December word that causes the price hike!lol

If its any help when we left the UK Austravel got us excellent prices to fly with Singapore, might be worth googleing them and getting a quote.

Good Luck

Cal x

Guest gadgetman

Thanks. we've tried all the usual places. My flight out with Singapore only cost £580 but that was in April.

Unfortunately her dates aren't that flexible because she doesn't finish Uni until mid December and she wants to be back in the UK for New Year.

You will find flights are more expensive over the xmas period, where possible arrive late Nov until Jan and you should see quite a difference,, its that December word that causes the price hike!lol

If its any help when we left the UK Austravel got us excellent prices to fly with Singapore, might be worth googleing them and getting a quote.

Good Luck

Cal x

air asia are doing some interesting deals via KL.... worth a look? .... never flown with them though... dont know if anyone else has on PIO????

Guest proud2beaussie

Air Asia are worth a look,but they only fly from Stansted and you need to book seats from Stansted to Kuala Lumpur and Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne,there is no seat reservation-it's first in best dressed,also no free food or drinks-you have to buy it but if all you are after is a cheap flight then they are well worth a look.

The dates you are looking at is peak season -travelling at Christmas is generally amongst the busiest and most expensive time of the year.

Guest gadgetman

My daughter has now arrnaged things such that she can come out earlier. The cut off for the prioce hike seems to be around Dec 111th and going earlier brings the price down to more acceptable levels (around 750 - 800).

The next issue is that we want to pay for this with our Oz credit card but the T's and C's of the some of the airlines e.g. Emirates state that the cardholder must be present on the flight.

I don't really want to go to the time and expense of sending cash to the UK then applying it to my daughter's credit card just to book the flight.

Are there any airlines that don't insist on this?

Guest proud2beaussie

Many airlines do ask that the credit card used to pay for the ticket be presented at time of check in but if you phone the airlines reservation number and explain the situation then in 99% of the cases you won't have any problems.

I've had many clients with this issue and have never had a problem that couldn't be sorted with a phone call,if you have any problems send me a PM and I will put you in touch with someone who can fix it.

Archived