Delay Move To Australia and VISA Implications

Guest PinkyDog

Guest PinkyDog

Hi I have a General Skilled Migration visa and have until July 2010 to move over to Australia. I want to delay that to Jan 2011. Have anybody experience of this? If so what is the process?

Many thanks

Pinky

Guest eurosyl

You must validate your visa before the "must enter Australia no later than" date. Delay of this date is not possible and will only be considered by DIAC under exceptional circumstances (and I have so far not heard of anyone succesfully done that).

You need to book a reccie before required entry date.

Sylvia

Guest JoanneHattersley

You need to validate it, You dont have to stay there, you can get a return flight out straight away! As long as the visa is validated. then you have 5 years to make your move

Why did you want to defer the date?

Guest PinkyDog
You need to validate it, You dont have to stay there, you can get a return flight out straight away! As long as the visa is validated. then you have 5 years to make your move

Why did you want to defer the date?

Hi Thanks for the response. I did the validation already back in Feb 2005. This is now the dateline for the move. Its my daughter's GCSE which completes on the 25 June 2010, so I want to at least let her get her results in August before I fly. Now I have to fly out almost immediately a few days after her exams.

Regards

Rachel

Guest PinkyDog

Hi Thanks for the response. I validated my entry back in Feb 2005. Just wanted to delay entry because my daughter is sitting for her GCSEs at the end of June and her results are coming out in Aug. so wanted to finish all these before flying out. Do you think I call in person to the Australian embassy in London?

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Rachel

DIAC are usually sympathetic about deferring the permanent move in the situation which you describe.

I suggest you contact the Aussie High Commission in London urgently and explain the situation to them. Don't leave it till the last minute when you could have consulted them several months earlier.

Cheers

Gill

Guest June Pixie

Jumping on this thread - Say you validate your visa and then within the 5 years you have to make the permanent move, does the the whole family included on visa have to make the move or can individuals within the application make the move if they so wish?

Situation will be that when visa will be granted (2012 or whatever) my eldest will be 15/16 - We will validate as a family (on a holiday) then return back to UK. The 5 years from validation will take my daughter into gap year age (18-20) Could she return alone and stay for her 2 years to gain PR? Doubt very much that me and OH will but gives her something to consider.

Jumping on this thread - Say you validate your visa and then within the 5 years you have to make the permanent move, does the the whole family included on visa have to make the move or can individuals within the application make the move if they so wish?

Situation will be that when visa will be granted (2012 or whatever) my eldest will be 15/16 - We will validate as a family (on a holiday) then return back to UK. The 5 years from validation will take my daughter into gap year age (18-20) Could she return alone and stay for her 2 years to gain PR? Doubt very much that me and OH will but gives her something to consider.

For validation the main applicant has to enter first (can just be the passport at the top of the family pile). Once you have validated then each person has a PR visa in their own right and can come and go as they want with the 5 year RRV (dated from Visa grant not validation). Any PR visa holders who are outside Australia when their RRV expires is likely to lose their PR status.

So yes, you could all come over and validate then fly back to the UK then you daughter could come over on her own with her valid PR visa.

Archived