Should i stay or should i go

hillyman

Hi all,, I am 18 years old and my mum and dad and sister are moving to brisbane at the end of the year and they have asked me to go with them is there any other 18 year olds who have moved to brisbane if so could you tell me was it the right decision to move ? any advice would be great.:skeptical:

Thanks very much

Lauren x

Guest guest30038

Hi Lauren.

My grand daughter is coming over in 5 weeks time. She's 18 and a Lancashire Lass also and will be looking for mates when she gets here. She's been over before and loves it here.

kev

Guest AndyandYvonneD
Hi Lauren.

My grand daughter is coming over in 5 weeks time. She's 18 and a Lancashire Lass also and will be looking for mates when she gets here. She's been over before and loves it here.

kev

Hi Lauren,

Its my daughter that Kev is talking about (Thanks Kev, good networking lol). As Kev says my daughter (Kevs grand daughter) lands here on the 9th October and will be looking for mates also. We live north of the city, so keep in touch and I'm sure she would love to meet up when you get here.

Yvonne x

Hi all,, I am 18 years old and my mum and dad and sister are moving to brisbane at the end of the year and they have asked me to go with them is there any other 18 year olds who have moved to brisbane if so could you tell me was it the right decision to move ? any advice would be great.:skeptical:

Thanks very much

Lauren x

Not 18 (42!) but I'd say GO GO GO!! What an opportunity, you don't have to stay forever but to have a visa with that opportunity is not something to turn down lightly (just look at all the desperate people on here!)

The only thing to consider is where you are in your education - at 19 in Australia you would be doing TEE - the university entrance exams, a bit like UK A - levels or vocational training at a TAFE (like UK FE colleges)

What would you be wanting to do education or workwise if you did come? You need to make sure that those opprotunities are available to you.

Good luck

Jules

Hi Lauren,

I am 18 yrs old and would love to be friends with you. We moved to Brisbane 6 weeks ago and even though I love it here, miss my friends. Keep in touch and we will meet up. Have you got Facebook?

Kirsty (Using my Mums Poms in Oz member name)

Guest KirstyCamilleri

Hey! I moved here 5 weeks ago and im 18! I havent made any friends yet but i was hoping to make some once i get myself a little job and then when i go to uni in March. What r ur plans? If u do end up coming id love to make friends. Its a beautiful place and there is alot of things to do, u just need ppl 2 do them with lol.

Archived