SW Adelaide, Brighton & surrounding suburbs advice please

TraceyT

Hi,

We are a family of 4, including 2 teenage kids & are looking to move to a South West Adelaide suburb, such as Brighton,Marino, Park Holme, or Sea Cliffe Park, etc. Would someone be able to give me any advice on the better/worst suburbs in this area of Adelaide please. Public transport must be a consideration, as my eldest will be going to college in the city. Are there any shopping areas around here too (without having to always drive to the city).

Thanks in advance.

Tracey

Great areas,all of them,though Parkholme is not really coastal.We live in Brighton,its lovely,as is Marino,Hove,Somerton Park,Glenelg,Henley Beach.All these are a stroll along the beach to each other.Bit more expensive,but then after all the agg moving to Adelaide,what price for heaven?All the best,Rockola.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

We are a family of 4, including 2 teenage kids & are looking to move to a South West Adelaide suburb, such as Brighton,Marino, Park Holme, or Sea Cliffe Park, etc. Would someone be able to give me any advice on the better/worst suburbs in this area of Adelaide please. Public transport must be a consideration, as my eldest will be going to college in the city. Are there any shopping areas around here too (without having to always drive to the city).

Thanks in advance.

Tracey

Marion Shopping complex is much bigger, cheaper and better than shopping in the city. Don't go any further south than Seacliffe, but don't be scared to go further north than Brighton, especially Glenelg. The tram from Glenelg to the city makes transport really easy, so paying more for property may save you in other ares, if you get my drift.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yorkspud

No worries aboutthis area Marion Shopping centre one of the largest in the in south australia right on your doorstep and several of these all within 25min drive more centres than you can poke a stick at i came in 1977live what they call down south Morphett vale aprox 15 min from Brighton and Marrian shopping centre

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Tracey

We live in Southern Suburbs, but kids went to school in Somerton Park, lovely area but quite expensive to buy a house in this area. Brighton has lovely beachside cafes and Glenelg is nice for restaurants and shopping, especially on hot weekends. Trains run from Brighton to City and trams frm Glenelg to city. Tram takes about 20 mins. Shopping at Marion Centre is good 10 mins drive from Glenelg, also harbortown outlet shopping at airport not far away for a bargain hunt. Ikea (my favourite place) recently opened at airport. Parkholme would be my least favourite suburb,as further inland. Seacliffe is nice, quieter beaches too, Marino is nice,above the cliffs, great views but not really beach-side unless you like climbing stairs! Lived in Adelaide since 1983 and love it, but we are in foothills, 15 mins from the beach and have the benefit of lots of trees and open spaces, wildlife etc that you dont get in the inner suburbs. Hope you find a great home :-)

Archived