Lodging 475 visa whilst on tourist visa in Australia?

Guest mark&robyn

Guest mark&robyn

Hey,

We have just been granted QLD SS for 475 visa.

We are currently in Oz on a WHV & Tourist visa. When I spoke to Immi before we left they said we could lodge 475 visa whilst here as long as out of the country on grant.

I have gone to fill in the 475 online app now & it says that I am not eligible for this. I am on the tourist visa my OH who is the primary applicant is on the WHV & seems to be no problem on the e visa application. Have we been mis-informed? Do I/we have to leave the country to lodge as well as for grant?

Any info much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Mark & Robyn

Guest eurosyl

The requirements read:

You may be in Australia at the time you apply for a subclass 475 visa unless you have either condition 8503 or 8535, or another condition on your current visa that prevents you from making a further application to remain in Australia.

When I applied for a long stay tourist visa (12 months) condition 8503 was imposed, which prevented me to lodge a 175 visa whilst in Australia. Solution for me was a short trip to NZ (beautiful country to visit!!) and lodge my application from there. I lodged a PLE after that informing DIAC that I intended to travel to Australia on dd-mm-yyyy. It is a requirement after lodging to inform DIAC of your whereabouts, as you need to be out of the country before grant.

Cheers,

Sylvia

Archived