confused

simonwilliams

hi im a chef and was originally on a 175 but now thats on hold because of csl list so we havent done anything for months we actually but a hold on it were now having second thoughts about the state sponsership can any one tell us what that involves and how i go about finding sponsership

thanks

sue

hi im a chef and was originally on a 175 but now thats on hold because of csl list so we havent done anything for months we actually but a hold on it were now having second thoughts about the state sponsership can any one tell us what that involves and how i go about finding sponsership

thanks

sue

HIYA, loads of people on here switched to state sponsorship when the changes were brought in,,if you do a search im sure you will find plenty of threads on the subject,good luck anyway

Guest The "legdes"

Hi There,

Like loads of others we converted to a 176 state sponsored as we weren't on the CSL. Our agent advised us to switch if we wanted to get a visa in the foreseeable future. His opinion was that we might wait years longer otherwise and at least to July 2010.

Your first step before you decide to switch needs to be to find out which/if any states are sponsoring your nominated occupation. You can find this on line on the states sites. Once you know which states want your occupation then you'll need to decide which to apply to. I think I am right in saying that SA are one of the fastest in processing applications for state sponsorship. You can apply to more than one state at a time (we applied for two as we were genuinely prepared to accept either). If you do that though you must tell them on their application form about the other state application. Some states take months and months to look at your application and some like QLD demand that you already have liquid assets at a the time of applying to them.

Once a state decides to offer you sponsorship you have to notify them that you accept their offer and tell DIAC too.

I'm prety sure your occupation is on some of the lists - good luck.

Archived