If your other half wanted to go back.

Guest inlimbo

Guest inlimbo

Thought this could be an intresting debate, no matter how long you have been in Oz......If you loved Oz but your other half decided they were returning to the UK and nothing you could say would change their minds.....what would you do?

Guest Working to fish
Thought this could be an intresting debate, no matter how long you have been in Oz......If you loved Oz but your other half decided they were returning to the UK and nothing you could say would change their minds.....what would you do?

Theres a firm in oz called hire a hubby ?.

(not for me by the way)

eddie

get a divorce :biglaugh:....no seriously we have spoke about this ...and if either one of us decided to go back the other would go as well .... :unsure:

mrs keily

Guest proud2beaussie

You could just as easily ask the same question of aussies who go to the UK.

My GF is in the UK but I love Australia yet I'm moving there so the result is the same.If you really love someone does it matter where you are as long as you are together.

You're all such a romantic lot!

After 8 months here my OH has started making noises about 'not sure if we did the right thing' and my attitude is 'there ain't no going back matey'. It was him that wanted to come I argued against it for a long time (and now he realises all the arguements I put forward against it are true!)

It was a major upheaval for our son and I would not put him throught that again (I guess if we went back now it would be okay but as we are sponsored that would be financially impossible)

Of course if he was deeply unhappy I'd be with the rest of you on the plane but surely the arguement works both ways shouldn't he stay here to be with us??

Guest Working to fish
I agree with Keily and syketykes, no matter how much i love a country my life wouldnt be complete without my other half so i would go where makes us happy be it UK, Oz or somewhere else ,

Cal x

Nice one Gary so if you ever want to move near the beech for surfing ,just tell her in doors and you will be sorted .

:wink:eddie

Guest Working to fish

I would ask my other haft to leave me ,enough meals for one, in the freezer until she could fly back out to re stock the freezer.

eddie:err:

Guest 2pigs3piglets

we are leaving the uk for a reason... i hate the memories it holds for me...

so if we got there and he didn't like it i'm afraid he would be getting the plain back alone....

not being selfish but it is his way.. if i didn't like it know he would follow me somewhere else... we have talked and said we would never set foot back in the uk only for funerals lol

Agree with the sentiments, my relationship/marriage/family is the most important thing in the world to me and I would go back, or if I hated it and OH loved it then I would probably take a leaf out of Quolls book and find a compromise that meant our relationship was still strong and sound.

Guest madplumber1

OMG Sweetums....got to be the most pertinent thread you've put on here.....I've heard of loads of OH's that have buggered of back to the UK 'cos there not happy with Aus...welll done lad for this top thread...I think I love you:arghh:

LOL if he said he would go, I'd have packed the backpack and be off down to Flight Centre before he could change his mind!!! As the boot is on the other foot at the mo then, as Ali said, compromise is the key - bottom line though is being there without him would be far worse than being here with him. People are more important than places really.

Guest guest30038

I'd tell her no and wait for the reaction. If she said that she was going anyway.........that she was prepared to put Blighty before me, then I'd let her go............she wouldn't be worth bothering with if she put herself first................I wouldn't even bother waving her goodbye.

No doubt within a week I'd be back in Blighty, down on my knees, begging her forgiveness :biglaugh:

kev

well i think you have to be fair, i'd help her to the car with the cases and might even go to the airport to wave her off too ........ :tongue:

well i think you have to be fair, i'd help her to the car with the cases and might even go to the airport to wave her off too ........ :tongue:

are you sure that wouldnt be the other way round :biglaugh:

mrs keily

• 3 years later...

We have already been through this. My OH got the opportunity to do a Phd in Canada so we left Australia and I tried my hardest in Vancouver. But I found it so hard, I was the breadwinner, working FIFO and found it incredibly difficult to make any friends or have any semblance of a normal life. My OH could tell my deep unhappiness wasn't going to go away any time soon. It had always been his dream to live in Canada but the circumstances just weren't right. And in Canada they take roughly 7 years to complete a Phd so looking back I'm glad we made the decisions that we did make. He told me at the time he would do anything to make me happy, that included moving back to the UK at the end of 2008 just as the recession hit. But we landed on our feet and it all worked out in the end!

Archived