Page 1 of 701 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep

Timeline (309-Spouse visa) applied in May?

Dear all,

I'm very new to this forum and hope i'll be able to minimize my frustration level by getting some help from you guys here.

I am married and from Pakistan. My husband is in Australia and he is a Permanent Resident there. We applied for my Visa in mid-May, received acknowledgment letter and medical requirements after 10days, completed all medicals and submitted it finally on 9th June.

According to the acknowledgement letter the average processing time period for my application given is 6-9months. I feel so frustrated and helpless as we weren't expecting it to be that long.

Does anyone here have any idea about the current processing times of offshore spouse visa applied from Pakistan?

Also, my second query is my police clerance certificate was valid for six months. I got it done in Feb and its going to expire in August and my application is still in process. Will I be called again for the Police Certificate? I have no idea if I should have it prepared in advance before it gets expired, as the certificate takes 2-3weeks for making.

Awaiting a reply.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4383 times
      Rep
      Hi there

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Offshore spouse/partner visa applications are processed in the country in which they are lodged. Unfortunately this means that if the Australian HC in Islamabad say 6-9 months, it probably does take this long for applications lodged there.

How long would it take you to get a new police check? Is it possible to get them quickly in Pakistan?

Best wishes

Gill

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      well it takes about 2 weeks for a new police certificate...i think i should apply it before its expiry to avoid any further delay...

i had some of my friends who got their visa within 4months...i hope all goes smooth for me too..
      the worst thing that may cause delay is the Australian Embassy in Pakistan has been moved to Bangkok in May for security purposes and so all of the applications have been forwarded to Bangkok office :(

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      hey,

i just thought of updating my case progress here..i got my case officer assigned..she asked for my original birth certificate and few affidavits...i have fulfilled all the requirements and its been almost a week i have got my acknowledgement of receival of documents too..now whats next? are their chances she may ask for any more documents? and once a case officer is assigned how long more is the waiting?

Also, i only sent my certified copy of passport, so i wanted to know that do they ask for passport next when they send an email of visa approval?

I would appreciate if i could get some idea about my queries! Thanks

Title
      Token Aussie
      Liked
      124 times
      Rep
      I would say they would have askd for all the extra documents they needed in one go, so I doubt you'd get asked for extra again. Once we submitted extra evidence we got our Visa approved within 2 weeks, butthat was in October last year and through Australia House in London, so not idea what it will be for you.

Yep, once they approve your Visa they ask you to send your passport in and you get your pretty little sticker! :spinny:

Good luck!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      i hope its early for you.
      I lodged my spouse visa application on June 27th and got acknowledgement on july 14th 2009. After that my visa officer rang on July 20th to confirm receipt of correction to my address that i sent later on. police checks were sent with the application but medicals were requested with acknowledgement. medicals done on july 27th and sent by doctor. from then onwards havent heard anything...its been 3 months and i'm getting impatient.i hope they approve it soon.

dont know whether they need more documents or evidence...

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hi anusha..whats the time frame mentioned in your acknowledgement letter?

I applied my application in May and the processing time stated was 6-9months..but i had my friends and few relatives who got their visa within 4 months so i thought the same time period for myself...but to tell u the application does take long as written in the acknowledgement letter...

now since i am done with all formalities of medical, additional documents etc, i emailed my visa officer to ask about my visa grant. and she said it will still take 6-9months as specified in the letter. so im just waiting and waiting :( cant be done anything!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      hey mine is also 6-9 months n my visa officer is banpot d.

Title
      Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
      Liked
      30 times
      Rep
      I have just lodged my application this week, and although I logded it in London am pretty apprehensive about how long it will take. Have to get the house on the market now too!!! I am also going for a 309 visa.

Hope it all works out for you

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi Gals,
      I lodged my application to Australian high commission (Islamabad) in late April which got transferred to Bangkok, and i received my acknowledgment letter on 26th May saying the processing will take 6-9 months. Medical done in middle of June, after that they requested some affidavit in first week of August, since then i am waiting just like you :( .

I also emailed my case officer about the progress of application she said the processing will take 6-9 months so i have to wait till then. I donít know whether they will ask for interview or not. But few of my friends got visa in 2-3 months last year. We have to wait long due to transfer of application to different office.

Have any one of you got any request for interview or not?

•  
    Page 1 of 701 1231151101501 ... LastLast