Guest pakistan

As per Immigration statistics, Pakistan is ranked # 5 on the list of immigrating nations.

Partner visa application are ever growing due to marriage ready singles migrating to Australia over the last 2-4 years including myself and in my opinion AHC has a huge pile of applications currently in process. The number of Pakistani partner visa applications/grants were as follow each year.

2011–12 -> 840 Grants

2012–13 -> 913 Grants

2013–14 -> 1,360 Grants

2014–15 -> 1,192 Grants

In family visa stream, as per statistics the majority comes as partner visa applications. Considering the high number of permanent skilled migrants from Pakistan in the year 2014-2015 we can expect about 200% increase in the number of partner visas as compared to previous years. In my opinion, there will be around 1500 or more applications for the year 2015-2016 and AHC is processing them in batches. What I can interpret from the timeline posts of Pakistani 309 applicants this year, visas were granted from Sept-October and then a complete silence.

I reckon all 2015, 309 visa applicants are finalized but there are few early 2016 applications in queue approaching 12 months time period. What am I guessing is that they have bundled the applicants till mid 2016 in a batch, conducted their interviews and now assessing the authenticity of their documents, security or police checks. Going ahead with the guess, once they are satisfied with the checks they will grant visas for the these applicants.

I have a big question in mind, what type of checks will they conduct for 309 applicants and why it is different from 189 or 190 visa applicants. 309 is not a permanent visa ( compared to 189/190 that are permanent visas which takes less than 6 months these days) but the assessment of 309 visas are so complicated and time consuming.

I read in one of the posts here, that final decision is made in Australia. This is partially true. I read info on AHC Delhi website that Finalized applications are sent here to Australia for a decision and also a friend who got his wife visa last year was decided in Canberra. But another friend, last year has decision maker details of AHC Islamabad on his wife grant letter.I would request those who got visas in Sep-Oct 2016 to check their grant letters and share if possible about the location of visa decision (Islamabad, Canberra or Brisbane). This will partly solve the puzzle what they are actually doing with our applications.

Anyway, 309 AHC Islamabad applicants. Please update the list once you get the visa.

Lastly, Is there enough dedicated staff for family visas (especially, Senior Case Officers) at AHC Islamabad to process 1500 applicants in a year?????

A Known THING TO ALL OF YOU: Considering there are 1100 applicants this year and partner visa FEE of 6,865 AUD, it turns out that DIBP earned 7,551,500 AUD from Pakistan only (Rs. 566, 362,500). By spending less than a 10 % of this amount they can get security Clarence for any Pakistani applicant in less than a month time (EVEN the details of one's Grand Grand Parents). Also the above amount, EXCLUDES the money they earn with Bio metrics or Commission from their dedicated medical centers!!!

TO THE PAKISTANI BASED WIVES WAITING FOR VISA DECISION IN PAKISTAN.

Don't worry too much or get impatient.

THIS TIME IN SEPARATION IS ALSO TESTING YOUR RELATIONS. BE SUCCESSFUL IN IT AND PASS IT WITH FLYING COLORS BY SUPPORTING AND LOVING EACH OTHER. !!!!

Pakistani has not much luxuries or facilities but is more lively than Australia :P (Saying this after having lived in few top 10 cities of the world)

PS: The above calculations are my personal opinions and being a human we are wrong 99% of the time!!!

نَصْرٌ مِّنَ اللَّـهِ وَفَتْحٌ قَرِيبٌ

Edited by Misbah

Welcome Misbah,

That is some good information.

Agree on the time frame for two visa streams, I have a friend who migrated on skilled basis and he had his visa grants for himself, wife and two kids processed in under 6 months, where as most partner visa grants take 9 - 12 months, all I can think about is that security checks don't actually take that long but I have read on some forums that it can take anywhere from 4-6 months for those checks and if you are a male it could take longer, also on the skilled migration they only asses your skill to ensure you have the required skills where as in our case they are actually going through a lot of paperwork and determining wether the marriage is legitimate or not. I guess we will never really know what type and the length of checks they go to.

Also I think (and please no body get offended) but things in Pakistan don't always work on time, I don't see this being any different at the AHC. Canberra sets the expected time frame of 12 months, even if everything is completed they still have up to 12 months. I rang through twice and was told both times that my application is "decision ready" and awaiting the senior case officer to asses it. However if applications are getting sent to Australia then it could take longer but this is all uncertain, I do know that AHC's in India have a quick stream process with Australia meaning they share information quicker and therefor their grants including visit visa's are much quicker compared to Pakistan.

I definitely agree with you to stay patient and not to worry however it is hard as you would have seen our posts here in the past, they say expectation is the root of all heartache however every single person here (including myself) waits for the Thursday/Friday days thinking....just hoping that grant comes through. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do but wait.

I must say though this forum has helped a lot, I will continue to keep sharing any information.

Only 4 more days til Thursday..

Well said Misbah i like the way you write down each and every aspect of case. This wait really testing our relation and your information about immigration is up to mark what i was assuming and what actually happening. Good luck Misbah and hope for the best soon everyone. I know couple of cases is well who are waiting for there response but not in this forum which mean there are huge number of applicants waiting due to which time is delaying. Thats true AHC earning high figure of ammount but why they not hiring new staff is a question.

What sort of security check is another valid point u raise in your discussion. Desperately waiting man and need alot of patient

Thanks for sharing your view man

Best regards

Jawad

Thanks ZD87 and Jawad.

InshAllah, something will turn around in the coming two-three weeks, especially, those applied in the first Quarter of 2016.

Worst case scenario maybe that grants are delayed till March but that will only happen if AHC is dealing student applications. Student applications are dealt in Adelaide these days.

So hoping, this frustration will be over soon and get ready to be with your partners soon, InshAllah.

Let's wait if there is any grant for early 2016 applicants in the coming weeks as Staff will be fully operational after the Christmas/New year break.

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick question. My wife's PCC was issued in December 2015 and my DOL is February 2016. I am assuming that PCC is generally valid for 1 year so should I apply for a new one to avoid any further delay or just wait until further correspondence?

Please share your views. Thank you

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick question. My wife's PCC was issued in December 2015 and my DOL is February 2016. I am assuming that PCC is generally valid for 1 year so should I apply for a new one to avoid any further delay or just wait until further correspondence?

Please share your views. Thank you

I was thinking the same thing, for some reason our PCC was only valid for 6 months (Karachi issued), I did ring them and was advised not to do it unless it is requested again which it was not, wont be surprised before grant they ask for it again but we have not renewed it yet.

Yup that's what I thought, anyways I have applied for renewal just to be on a safe side. Lets see how long it goes from here.

Waiting patiently!

I was thinking the same thing, for some reason our PCC was only valid for 6 months (Karachi issued), I did ring them and was advised not to do it unless it is requested again which it was not, wont be surprised before grant they ask for it again but we have not renewed it yet.

Yup that's what I thought, anyways I have applied for renewal just to be on a safe side. Lets see how long it goes from here.

Waiting patiently!

Ah IQ2015 I am patiently waiting for you also, yours will come then ours! lol

Hi all/misbah

i also came to know that they sent finalised applications to Australia? How much this is true ? And if, then how many days Australia takes ?

thanks heaps

And i am waiting too for you guys. Hopefully you guys will recieve the golden email on this coming Thursday Friday In sha ALLAH

and i am late April☹️?

Fingers crossed ?

Hi all/misbah

i also came to know that they sent finalised applications to Australia? How much this is true ? And if, then how many days Australia takes ?

thanks heaps

Hey

I didnt know they sent finalised apps to Australia either, I did ring immigration here in Sydney as was told it is all handled in Pakistan, but who knows, if any one knows please share, seriously getting over this wait!

Well if Sydney Immigration saying all applications are handled in Pakistan but zi came to know they send finalised applications to Australia for verification? As Misbah has also mentioned his? Anyone knows this ?

Hey

I didnt know they sent finalised apps to Australia either, I did ring immigration here in Sydney as was told it is all handled in Pakistan, but who knows, if any one knows please share, seriously getting over this wait!

In my opinion, AHC Pakistan finalizes the assessment and give their finding to a senior case officer which may be in AHC Islamabad or in Australia. I have seen some guys who were granted visas from Canberra or Brisbane (Centers for all family visas). Another friend has Grant Place Islamabad.

THOSE GUYS WHO RECENTLY GOT PARTNER VISA PLEASE CHECK WHATS WRITTEN FOR LOCATION IN THE CASE OFFICER SIGNATURE IN YOUR VISA GRANT LETTER.

Edited by Misbah

Thanks Misbah for information. Lets see if anyone replies who recently got 309

QUOTE=Misbah;1937020910]In my opinion, AHC Pakistan finalizes the assessment and give their finding to a senior case officer which may be in AHC Islamabad or in Australia. I have seen some guys who were granted visas from Canberra or Brisbane (Centers for all family visas). Another friend has Grant Place Islamabad.

THOSE GUYS WHO RECENTLY GOT PARTNER VISA PLEASE CHECK WHATS WRITTEN FOR LOCATION IN THE CASE OFFICER SIGNATURE IN YOUR VISA GRANT LETTER.

My wife's grant was in Oct 2016 Alhamdulillah and visa grant letter shows that it was generated by M in AHC ISL itself. Also, we confirmed by calling AHC ISL that SCO resides in AHC ISL and NOT in AUS.

Thanks. Please keep praying and remain patient. All shall hear good news very soon, Ameeen.

Thanks Misbah for information. Lets see if anyone replies who recently got 309

QUOTE=Misbah;1937020910]In my opinion, AHC Pakistan finalizes the assessment and give their finding to a senior case officer which may be in AHC Islamabad or in Australia. I have seen some guys who were granted visas from Canberra or Brisbane (Centers for all family visas). Another friend has Grant Place Islamabad.

Hi Everyone,

my hubby called Immigration office in Australia. They said to him there is a good news for you that your application has been forwarded to the decision makers on 8th Jan and you will soon hear something back from them. Now am waiting anxiously and hoping for the best. Please pray all InshAllah we will get visas in this month InshAllah.

@Tasleem

Called the number. No real options for an enquiry about personal visa's.

Option 1 - VISA, CITIZENSHIP ENQUIRIES

1 - Travelling into or out of Australia

2 - Aust citizenship

3 - Cargo

4 - Work rights and interpreting services

5 - Passport Services

Option 2 - SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES

Option 3 - Complement/ Complaint

Did you husband make a complaint or go through option 1? If option 1, what was his second selection?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Lol..!!

Dial number press 1 again 1 again 1 and then 4... then wait for the operator. One thing keep handy your file reference number. And you need to tell ask them to tell you the status they might ask you to wait. But you need to ask them tell you the status and after that request them to leave a request on your file to get it done..!!

good Luck. Let me know once you are done with it. One more thing there might be a long 20 minutes hold.