Guest pakistan

I cant beleive the way they treat the visa applicants from pakistan.

They say 6 to9 months but they have no intention of giving any visa after 6 months and even 9 months by the looks of things , I think we will be lucky to receive anything before 1 year.

Why do they process other countries so fast but they dont care about us.

I spoke with 1 man from immigration dept and he said they use external agency for security checks and thatthey usually take more than 6 months for this check we just have to wait but I am sick of waiting, I think they are just lazy........

Unfortunately Mohammed that is the case of visa from Pakistan but hope you get yours !

From the UK a spouse visa takes between 8-12 weeks!

Guest mohammad

I just looked at australian immigration website and it states that high risk countries visa processing times are 10 months, so if this is correct then my wife should receive her visa in june . It cant possibly take any longer than that.

I just looked at australian immigration website and it states that high risk countries visa processing times are 10 months, so if this is correct then my wife should receive her visa in june . It cant possibly take any longer than that.

Well hope so because i think come next yr it will take even longer from 10 countries and i am pretty Pakistan is going to be on that list.

Guest mohammad

Hi, Salma are you the same Salm that has posted in other forum that states that you have been married 4 years and are living in uk?

Then why are you saying that you have lodged visa application in bangkok ? Are you really waiting visa or not?

Very strange after reading ur other posts which were only posted in feb.......

Hi, Salma are you the same Salm that has posted in other forum that states that you have been married 4 years and are living in uk?

Then why are you saying that you have lodged visa application in bangkok ? Are you really waiting visa or not?

Very strange after reading ur other posts which were only posted in feb.......

No Mohammed I am a British citizen and just came across this thread re visa time lines! my visa will be granted in the uk once i apply hopefully in the next couple of weeks as i have most of the paper work together just need papers signed by solicitor and FILL THE FORMS in but thats ok as i did those last time just a case of copying them!

Guest sarahh

hello everyone,

Like all others who have been awaiting the visa i haven't also heard from the immigration department till now.The maximum duration mentioned on the acknowledgement letter (9 months) were also completed a couple of weeks back.I wrote to my case officer twice but didn't succeed in getting any reply from them.Did anyone else manage to get any contact with the department/case officer? Or anyone has been requested any further documents? Or does anyone has any related news/updates ? Not hearing anything after the completion of 9 months is a state of extreme anxiety , without any notification of how much more time it will take or whats the reason of delay after the time period is over.

Guest salma123

Hey Sarah,

i dont know y r they taking so long as im almost 8 months along in the process of visa application and by seeing your situation i feel pretty unsure about getting my visa any time sooner.

Did you or any one else tried and talked to your case officers and ask them y iz that taking so long? As Pakistan got her visa soon after 6 months.

hello everyone,

Like all others who have been awaiting the visa i haven't also heard from the immigration department till now.The maximum duration mentioned on the acknowledgement letter (9 months) were also completed a couple of weeks back.I wrote to my case officer twice but didn't succeed in getting any reply from them.Did anyone else manage to get any contact with the department/case officer? Or anyone has been requested any further documents? Or does anyone has any related news/updates ? Not hearing anything after the completion of 9 months is a state of extreme anxiety , without any notification of how much more time it will take or whats the reason of delay after the time period is over.

Guest mohammad

Hi, You should call the embassy in bangkok and talk to your case officer in person, on this number - 662 3446449, they should be able to tell you something about when your visa will be ready.

Please post if you receive any information from your case officer.

Guest sarahh

:):):):):):):):):):) yupi i got my visaaaaaa :):):)::):):):)

Total processing Time 9 months 3 weeks. Gals Initial entry will be based on your police report/Medical which ever expire first.

Mine is on Police Report issue date. No need to email/phone/complain as this won’t help at all… just have to wait and wait. …

Wish you all best of luck!!!!!!

Guest salma123

Sarah, lots n lots of congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!. Finally your anxiety and waiting agony paid off. Good luck in your future.

Guest Laiba

Hi,I just joined this forum today.I have applied for a 309 spouse visa and am still waiting.I applied in October so its been 5 months.Sarah I wanted to ask you a couple questions if its ok.Where are you applying from?And how was the grant letter sent to you?Through email or post?Thanks alot!

Guest anusha

Congrats sarahh.that was a long wait. my 8 months have ended today n still waiting. i hope i get it soon too. hubby left for australia this morning...my police report expires on june 16th so i hope to get there before that.

Guest MePakiz

Hi Sarah, can you please tell me how long did they give you to enter australia by?

Do you have to enter Australia before the expiration of your Medical/Police checks?

Or do they give you a certain amount of time from the issue date of the Visa and the Date you have to Enter Australia by?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anusha

hey guys i m back!!!

@SAAD: Did your wife receive her visa as yet???nine months completed rite???

i m getting anxious already!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest salma123
hey guys i m back!!!

@SAAD: Did your wife receive her visa as yet???nine months completed rite???

i m getting anxious already!!!

Hi Anusha,

Did you get any updates on your visa or have you tried to contact the embassy!!!!!!!

Its so terrible waiting and waiting

Guest anusha

@salma::

No updates...just like you i have also been waiting for the last 9 months now!!!called them last week n they said it will be finalised this month.

When does your police report expire???

Guest mohammad

Hi, everyone I am so frustrated .

I contacted my local member of parliment about my wife's visa application and I received the following email,

I have had a look at the subclass 309 application for ******* ****** lodged 31/07/09 . At this time the processing officer is waiting for the results of the mandatory checks and as these are conducted by an external agency, we are unable to provide a timeframe.

You should note that, the timeframe for processing quoted by the post is an average only as some applications may take longer than others to process.

Guest mohammad

@ Anusha , If they told you that your visa will be finalised this month they must have received your mandatory checks results ? Did they tell you that they have received these results?

Guest anusha

yeah they told me they have received the results!!!n that my application was being finalised right now!!!wat was the date of your police check????

Guest mohammad

@ Anusha my wife's police certificate I think was for 6 months from when we received it in july 09 , We applied for visa 1 month after you so Insha allah we will receive in 1 month.?

Guest Umair85

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to this forum so if you can just relieve me on the visa process as it is still taking some time.

I am still waiting for the visa to come and it has been over 8 months now.

Does anyone know when do the actual checks come in or who it is handled by in Pakistan as the embassy in Bankok are saying that they are still waiting for the checks to come through from agencies in Pakistan?

Any help will be really great?

Umair

Guest anusha

@Umair: all i can say is wait as i am waiting for 9 months 1 week now!!!

@mohammad: could you plz tell me how to contact the local mp in australia n how quick is their response???

Guest mohammad

@ Anusha , You will have to ask ur husband to find out who his local member is, it depends on which city you live in, when he finds the local mp then contact him via phone or email and tell him that u have been waiting for visa for more than 9 months , what is the problem ? then they will contact immigration and find out about your application and I received my reply same day.