Guest pakistan

Personally, I would email my case officer to let him know that I am starting to get gray hair.

If one case officer can decide on an application in 2 weeks (or even 2 days for some!), why can't others do the same???

i guess the transferring of applications to bangkok is the major delaying factor.i am counting my time from the receiving date mentioned on my acknowledgement letter.and i think that the embassy uses that date as the timeline.If you want you can try ur luck by emailing the case officer and hope u get a more positive reply then we received.

Guest pakistan

hello...i got my visa yayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

i applied in May at islamabad but then it got transferred to bangkok..i got my acknowledgement in 10 days..and girls its the acknowledgement that is considered and not the date of your application submission...i was very much frustrated too..i emailed case officer before i had gotten my visa and the only reply i used to get was the timeline for pakistani applicants is 6-9months...

i am so happy that i got my visa the next day after the completion of 6months of submission...hold ur horses and u all will get the visa very soon..once your visa is here then it hardly takes a week for the" visa sticker" to get endorsed on ur passport..

i was requested for the passport in my visa grant email, i mailed my passport to islamabad and got the visa sticker the next day :)

i have a query regarding a condition stated on my sticker..it says "SUB CLASS 309, Conditions Mig. Regs. Sched. 8 INITIAL Entry by 13Feb10" what does that mean? Am i supposed to make the entry by 13Feb10? however the initial entry to Australia stated on my visa grant email was "10April10"

SO WHICH ONE SHOULD BE FOLLOWED?

Congratulations to you :smile: That was a long wait! You must be feeling elated at the moment and deservedly so :smile: I would go by the date on the visa label in your passport but if you want to be certain, you should be able to find out for sure by contacting the embassy where your visa was granted.

Congratulations.really happy for u:)

Our submission date as stated on the acknowledgement letter is 11th May.I hope to the get the visa soon too:(.I guess that the delay on my side is due to the late submission of Form 80 , which got missed by me earlier.When did you submit the Form 80? About the initial entry query i think its better that you email the case officer and confirm because i think the date on the sticker should be followed.

All the best!

Guest salma123

Hey congratulations!!!!!!! and have a good life in oz!!!

Could you tell us who was your visa officer and was there any telephonic interview ???? And how did you recieve the letter i.e email or mail.

Good luck for your future and it really revives our hopes as well.

Guest salma123

Yes I did submit every thing except the medicals with the application affidavits, form 80 police certificate etc.

You know wht they usually calculate and decide on the basis of the expiry of your police certificate and medicals that usually expires in a year(regardless of what it says on them). Now they have to give you enough time to make entry into oz and thats the basic reason for packing it up in max 9 monts coz u have to give an applicant with enough time to enter ist time in australia before the expiry of any document whether police certificate or medical, which ever runs out ist.

Same is the case with PAKISTAN ans she gets the entry before feburary and her police certificate will expire on or after that date.

If thats the case then according to the approximation i can expect to hear about the visa in mid Jan as my police report expires in April 2010 then.:( How about your police report?

Guest pakistan

sarah..i submitted all of my documents and forms together..and i see that u applied in May like me so im sure ur visa is also on its way..goooood luck!! :)

btw i called australian high commission islamabad and i was told that the date on sticker should be followed else visa will be cancelled..

Guest salma123

Can u tell us who was ur case officer and whn was he asigned to you? and was there any telephonic interview?

sarah..i submitted all of my documents and forms together..and i see that u applied in May like me so im sure ur visa is also on its way..goooood luck!! :)

btw i called australian high commission islamabad and i was told that the date on sticker should be followed else visa will be cancelled..

Guys i have another query too. After i submitted the medicals at IOM clinic there has been no confirmation of receipt of medical by the visa officer. Did any one of you get any email from visa officer saying they had received your medicals etc????Although i called the iom ppl in lahore n they said my medical had been sent...

Guest salma123
Guys i have another query too. After i submitted the medicals at IOM clinic there has been no confirmation of receipt of medical by the visa officer. Did any one of you get any email from visa officer saying they had received your medicals etc????Although i called the iom ppl in lahore n they said my medical had been sent...

Yeah I never got the confirmation of recieval of medicals as well but i think its not to worry coz iom haD already sent them and once you give the medical it remains in thier system as well.

Any contact from the visa officer yet?

yeah me too never got confirmation . but some times case officer do inform, well that depends on case officer. don't worry about that as if they havnt got it by now they must ask you again to provide them , so as long as they don't then thats mean they got it and in their system.

hey pakistan ,

hope that your preparations for moving to Australia are going good.i have one query regarding your police certificate.Was it issued on 13th Feb 2009 or after that date as your initial entry is before 13th Feb 2010.

Guest pakistan

hey pakistan ,

hope that your preparations for moving to Australia are going good.i have one query regarding your police certificate.Was it issued on 13th Feb 2009 or after that date as your initial entry is before 13th Feb 2010.

sarah, my police clearance certificate was made with a validity of only 6 months starting from 13thfeb 2009 with expiry date of 13th august 2009. and i got my visa on 19th nov 2009.

so i was v worried in august regarding my police clearance certificate and wasnt sure if i should apply for my new police certificate before it expires, as u know it takes around a weeks' time to get a new one...i called my migration agent in australia and he was of the opinion that to avoid any delays i should have a new police certificate starting from the period 13th august to onwards...anyway with all this confusion i emailed my "case officer" and asked if i would be needing a new police certificate after its expiry on 13th aug...and his reply was that police certificate are usually considered for a period of one year...hence, i didnt apply nor made a new certificate..also i never got any request regarding my police certificate after its expiry..

i will also suggest u to email your case officer if u are concerned about the expiry of your police certificate..and just keep your fingers crossed u'll get yur visa very soon..i can understand the frustration that u go while waiting for the visa..so tell me how long has it been for u since u applied for the visa??? and where will u be going in Australia? my husband is in adelaide and a doctor..how about yours?

hey pakistan ,

My police certificate has a validity of 3 months starting from mid April approximately.When the case officer asked us to provide some additional documents they didn't request a new police certificate therefore we didn't get one prepared either.

I really hope that it is done real soon:( If there is no connection between the initial entry date given a specified number of weeks before the 1 year validity of the police certificate expires , which i am afraid is so.It is more than 6.5 months by now according to the date of application received mentioned on our acknowledgement letter.

We are planning to move in NSW in near future.

Guest mohammad

Hi, I am an australian and i was married to my wife in pakistan in april 2009 and we received aknowledgement letter on 31/07/09 but as yet still no answers . I have sent emails to immigration asking about progress but have not received any replies. I am so frustrated with this process.

hi mohammad ,

When did you apply exactly? And did you apply to Bangkok Office directly? We submitted our application to Islamabad Office which was later transferred to Bangkok office and we received acknowledgement letter approximately a month later.