newly arrived in Bunbury area, WA

Guest scooby

Guest scooby

Hi,

We have been in Oz for nearly 3 months now. Moved over from Cumbria with husband and 2 kids (8 & 6). Love exploring the area, kids settled at school great, I am working p/t, husband job hunting. All good but keep getting pangs of homesickness (if thats a word)!!!! Is there anyone else out there in similar situation? living nearby? Would love to meet new people for a laugh and good gos.

:laugh:

Jen x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi we are not in bunbury yet but will be in november, we also have an 8 & 6 year old two girls. what area are you living in it would be great to meet up. my wifes grand parents used to live near shap. Also what primary school did you put the kids in.

Martin

Guest wayniexagt
Hi,

We have been in Oz for nearly 3 months now. Moved over from Cumbria with husband and 2 kids (8 & 6). Love exploring the area, kids settled at school great, I am working p/t, husband job hunting. All good but keep getting pangs of homesickness (if thats a word)!!!! Is there anyone else out there in similar situation? living nearby? Would love to meet new people for a laugh and good gos.

:laugh:

Jen x

hello me and the gf live in glen iris . 2 mins from bunbury. were abouts are you living . were free to meet up one nite i would think !!:hug:

• 8 months later...
Guest emma8370

Hi Jen

I noticed your post back in July. How are you getting on in Bunbury? Me and my partnet steve arrived last week from London. It seems a little sleepy so far. I dont know anyone is it hard to make friends and find a job?

Emma

Guest wayniexagt

it is a sleepy town to b fair ........ but its just how we like it after the hussle and bussle of birmingham . . got work driving trucks so im happy enough .. . i feel a little meet up and a drink coming on soon ??

it is a sleepy town to b fair ........ but its just how we like it after the hussle and bussle of birmingham . . got work driving trucks so im happy enough .. . i feel a little meet up and a drink coming on soon ??

Truckie drinkin naughty mate lol

Guest wayniexagt

topshots ........... i just head up to our perth depot load up and bring it down to buno . then mite get a run down to margs river or manji . easy work and easy money

topshots ........... i just head up to our perth depot load up and bring it down to buno . then mite get a run down to margs river or manji . easy work and easy money

ITS FOOKIN YOU WHO LOSES OUR GEAR THEN AND MY ARSE GET KICKED LOL, be careful with the chrome bars mate on wood , you eejits chuck em all over , only kiddin mate , the driver in perth was a big kid with a goatie ,top bloke knew the job , knew us and wot the craic was , they set a new bloke on fookin nite mare , when i get bach to work leave ya some messages , ie Wayne dont throw this ****in bar about please lol jestin mate

Guest wayniexagt

mate ive come from workin for aston martin an bentley back in the uk so "HANDLE WITH CARE " was drilled into me .i only unload a truck when i get to manji or margs ..... .

• 2 months later...
Guest emma8370

Hi Jen

How are you getting on now in Bunbury?

We have settled in nicely now.

Emma

Guest emma8370

Hi Jen

That would be good, will have a word with the other half and let you know.

Emma

Guest Wordy 1969

Hiya not there yet but will be in Sept/Oct love the place is it easy to find somewhere to live have seen Glen Iris on realestate whats it like?

Jackie/Darren

Guest wayniexagt
Hiya not there yet but will be in Sept/Oct love the place is it easy to find somewhere to live have seen Glen Iris on realestate whats it like?

Jackie/Darren

weve just moved from there . alyxia drive . theres 2 areas to glen iris .... the old and the new......... you want to try for vittoria heights . that the new part . but be warned its like a race track and you can hear the trains passing by late at night !

Guest Tomlinsons

Hi Jen,

we will be arriving in Bunbury in 5 weeks time and counting the days, how are you settled, we have 15 yr old daughter, and 17 yr old son will be joining us next year. Would be great to meet up.

Jo

Guest wayniexagt
Hi Jen,

we will be arriving in Bunbury in 5 weeks time and counting the days, how are you settled, we have 15 yr old daughter, and 17 yr old son will be joining us next year. Would be great to meet up.

Jo

not if i dont pick you up from the toy town train station you wont ............ and there meters running hahaha !:biglaugh:

Guest Tomlinsons

I saw you on this thread I was expecting a cheeky reply, I feel like I know you so well already lol.

Hi Emma and Jen. How are you both getting on? Bunbury is a great place if you give it a chance. We've been here 4 years. Have 2 kids (6 and 11) who love it. Takes a while sometimes to settle in and find your feet, but its worth it. Anything you want to run past me, feel free.We moved from Bristol straight to Bunbury for a slower pace of life and we certainly got it. Arriving in the winter is a bit crap, but as soon as the spring hits I'm sure you and the family will fall in love with the place. Sarah

Guest newinbunbury

Hi all, arrived in Bunbury Thursday morning (15th), would love to speak to anyone really and find out about life in Bunbury. All alone at the moment, partner and kids will be joining me in October!!

Any useful bits of info re rentals in Dalyellup and local schools would be fab.

Cheers

M.

Archived