Shipping New Kids Bike and Eagle Relocations Ltd

Guest darling number 1

Guest darling number 1

Hi all,

I recently bought my 7-year-old son a new bike with the intention of shipping it to Sydney. Will there be any duty to pay on this item - it is the only new thing we are taking with us, evrything else has been owned for more than a year. The bike cost £80.

Also, does anyone have any experience of shipping with Eagle Relocations in Watford (approx 50cb ft groupage). I got lots of quotes and chose Eagle purely on price, beginning to wonder if maybe it was actually a false economy and that you get what you pay for...

darling x

• 8 months later...
Guest thesnoopyace

I've Just spoken to Eagle after having them recommended to me by a family Friend, Them seem like quite a good outfit, there MD Showed me around there warehouse and i was mightly impressed with the standard of packing and the care shown to personal belongings, Just agreeing a price and then its down to Crown Vs Eagle..

Hope this Helps

Guest jenjoshnat
Hi all,

I recently bought my 7-year-old son a new bike with the intention of shipping it to Sydney. Will there be any duty to pay on this item - it is the only new thing we are taking with us, evrything else has been owned for more than a year. The bike cost £80.

Also, does anyone have any experience of shipping with Eagle Relocations in Watford (approx 50cb ft groupage). I got lots of quotes and chose Eagle purely on price, beginning to wonder if maybe it was actually a false economy and that you get what you pay for...

darling x

Hi, my son won a BMX bike from the school raffle 6 months before we left the UK and yes we did have to pay duty on it once our container arrived, can't remember how much we paid but it really was'nt expensive, on the otherhand our friends who emigrated with us did not have to pay any duty on their new items as their container never got pulled by customs:huh:.

Guest adsmith

How do they know how old things are?

Ive bought a 'new' computer in the last few months that will still be under a year old. Do they ask you to show receipts for things in your container?

Ad

Guest Guest31881
How do they know how old things are?

Ive bought a 'new' computer in the last few months that will still be under a year old. Do they ask you to show receipts for things in your container?

Ad

if the item looks under 12 months old, they can ask for recipts.

If it looks used, i do not think they bother that much. It just depends on the day who does inspection.

I shipped over a brand new top of the range Dyson Animal hoover still in its original wrapping as they are around $800 dollars here new and i declared it on the paperwork that you have to fill in for the shippers (it cost about £224 in the UK). No one pulled us up on it even though it was in their face on the paperwork so didnt have to pay any tax on it. I think like other people have said it depends on who you get on the day. My container was inspected though because they wanted to destroy my cat litter trays x 2 or have them fumigated for $120 so i had them destroyed. Please be aware that they will destroy anything else in the box with the offending items which we didnt know about and which we werent told about so were able to claim compensation off our shippers as they didnt tell us the customs would destroy the entire box :arghh:

Archived