SPOUSE 309 - applied in the last few weeks?

Guest Ozplorers

Guest Ozplorers

Applying for a spouse (309) visa, our progress so far....

20/4 - sent off application (frontloaded).

21/4 - money taken

27/4 - email from C/O confirming receipt of application

29/4 - received all the evidence we'd sent back in the post

05/5 - phoned C/O who infromed they didn't require anything else but there was a backlog of apps and it could take 3 months to hear.

Has anyone else who's applied in the past couple of weeks heard anything? or been granted a visa?

Guest stehan

Hi Bubba911 and Ozplorers

I applied in Sydney and have been waiting, waiting, waiting,

27/2 - Posted to immigration

3/3 - Payment Taken

Nothing since.....

Just received an email (the first contact) from my CO introducing herself and telling me that average processing time for this type of visa is 3 - 4 months at present!

Interesting since most people I have 'spoken' to seem to get theirs in 10 - 20 days.

Guest becandtarso

Ah no this is not good news guys!! We put in our application last week on Thursday, have heard nothing yet. Were applying for a spouse visa, we pre-loaded the police and health check. We want to get it back before June, but it doesnt sound likely. please everyone keep me posted on your news - and good luck!!

becandtarso, I wouldn't worry too much (I know, it is easy for me to say... we're still waiting for our house to sell) as looking at this thread: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html things seem to move relatively quickly on 309s and similar. I can't imagine that changing too dramatically in the space of a few weeks!

All the best!

Guest becandtarso

Hi Bubba, thanks for that link, it was very reassuring!! I am going to check my email asap, cant do that at work!! Hopefully the CO will have contacted. Thanks for your help.

We applied in London, so Im hoping the application will move more quickly than the Sydney ones seem to be.

Good luck to all!

My understanding is that the timing depends on where you have filed. On other posts here I've heard that Sydney is taking 6 mths but London can be done very quickly-in weeks. So in making these posts you need to mention which office of Australia govt you lodged at. Otherwise, the guidance won't be very helpful to you.

• 4 months later...
Guest aintree12

:jiggy:

Glad to see I'm not the only one on here whilst at work... should probably go and do some work!

Hi Bubba,

Can you tell me what evidence my fiance and I will need to apply for a prospective marriage vis. I live in the UK but coming to Australia in December 09

aintree12

• 3 years later...

hi everyone i am australian citizen and wife she is canadian permanent resident. We applied on 15/04/13 at ottawa office and case officer alloted after 10 days we sent all the required docs. i want to know how much time it takes from toronto..

hi everyone i am australian citizen and wife she is canadian permanent resident. We applied on 15/04/13 at ottawa office and case officer alloted after 10 days we sent all the required docs. i want to know how much time it takes from toronto..

Wow, goldy, you bumped a very old thread. At first when I was reading it I thought something was horribly wrong as the people posting were talking about a 10-20 day turn around for a 309! :err: Then I noticed this thread is from four years ago. Unfortunately I think you'll find processing times are very, very, VERY different from what you see in this particular thread. I can't speak to Canada specifically, but most low-risk countries are looking at a wait time of several months to a year for this visa right now.

Archived