10 weeks to go!

Guest carla81

Guest carla81

Wow i cant believe i only have 10 weeks to go! i packed my first 2 boxes yesterday, and already felt myself getting stressed! Im dreding doing all thoses junk draws, where your not sure where to put things so you throw them in the draw for 'later' !

Im moving to kallaroo in Perth, does anyone know ........

we have a Hisense 46" plazma t.v and i was wondering if i took it to oz would it work over there? Does anyone know??

Is anyone else going to perth with young children, i have a son who is 2 years old and it would be great to meet some other parents and friends for callum.

Also im not the best at organising things that well and im sure i will forget things so if anyone has any advise on packing or a break down list of things i need to do leading up to the final weeks it would be a big help!

Thankyou x

:idea:

Guest thedenster

Hi Carla

We are flying on 15th June. I know what you mean with the stress of it all. I am 34 and my wife is 32, we have 2 daughters who will be 5 and 3 in July with another one due end of October just to make things a tad more complicated !!!

Some tv's will work but not sure about your brand. Its worth taking though as you wont get much if you sell it over here and tv's are a bit more pricey in OZ. Worst case is you could get an engineer to modify it for you over there or you could use it purely for DVD's etc.

We are renting for 2 weeks around Butler and then hoping to do a long term rental in Yanchep which is abit out of the way but feels like such a lovely place to raise a family.

Cant offer much advice on packing as the shipping company did all ours. Good luck with that !!

Stay in Touch

Jon and Michelle

Hi....

Wanted to wish you all the best of luck with the sorting & the packing & also to say that I have read quite a few threads on Tvs & electricals, so if you do a search, im sure you'll find your answer.....

Another idea would be to put a thread out in another section, as not as many people visit the 'Western Australia' section

Good luck :cute:

Guest carla81

Thank you, 9 week to go now and another box packed! im finding it hard to have the thought of moving to oz sink in! I feel like im going for a holiday! Im looking forward to a fresh start, new job and hopefully i will make some new friends!!!

Found a good price for shipping £633 so all is good hope you are all well and excited about our new futures!

Guest shawgorbys

hi carla & matt good luck with the move mostly everything works ive never been but ive read that many threads on here ,have you got a container or what cox that price is really good dont forget to label all your boxes up hope this helps take care and we will meet up in perth all being well we have just the house to sell andrea,gary,tom,jack,

Guest jen25

Hi,

We are a young family with a two year old, heading out on the 18th July...... you are very organised haven't even thought about packing. That's a really good shipping quote, which shipper was it? Jen. We have decided to ship once we are out there so storing in a friends garage. Good Luck, Jen

Guest carla81

Hey Jen, that was with Inernational removals they seem very fair. Where abouts are you moving too? I see you have a two year old too, we could meet up if we are close! Where are you moving from? 8 weeks to go now!

Guest The Hoys hoping.........

Hi Carla,

We also fly out to Perth in July. Trying to work on my fingers how many weeks ( getting too late for me to do anything else!). Think it is about 9/10 weeks for us. We are heading south to Bunbury.

Golly, that was a good price for removals. Are you taking all your stuff, are you sharing a container?The cheapest quote we have had is £2300....so wow, well done you!

Our kids are 11 and 8 now, so wee bit old for your little one, but if you fancy a chat sometime, please get it touch.

Good luck, hope all goes well for you :-)

Guest carla81

Hello, yes we are not taking that much with us, just all clothes, all of Callums baby bits ive been saving,a few outdoor toys,pots and pans,46" t.v maybe a table and all of Callums toys which is lots!! think that is 3 cubic metre squared but you dont need a deposit, and if its less you only pay for the space you use.

Just under 8 weeks now, its going so fast but doesnt feel real, going to sell lots on ebay!

Guest shawgorbys

hi to all those who only have a few weeks left hope all is going all right good luck with everything keep us all up to date on whats going on take care andrea&family

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adamsfamily
Hi Carla

We are flying on 15th June. I know what you mean with the stress of it all. I am 34 and my wife is 32, we have 2 daughters who will be 5 and 3 in July with another one due end of October just to make things a tad more complicated !!!

Some tv's will work but not sure about your brand. Its worth taking though as you wont get much if you sell it over here and tv's are a bit more pricey in OZ. Worst case is you could get an engineer to modify it for you over there or you could use it purely for DVD's etc.

We are renting for 2 weeks around Butler and then hoping to do a long term rental in Yanchep which is abit out of the way but feels like such a lovely place to raise a family.

Cant offer much advice on packing as the shipping company did all ours. Good luck with that !!

Stay in Touch

Jon and Michelle

hello,

we been here in Quinns Rocks for 7 wks now (just down the road from Butler) and it is absolutely lovely. My girls are 5 and 10 and have settled into school beautifully. I hope it all goes well for you and wish you best of luck. nikki.

Archived