We've been here 6 weeks

jvm

Can't believe we've been here 6 weeks already, where does the time go??? Anyway i'd recommend Cathay Pacific as they were great plenty of entertainment to watch and also as we have 2 young kids ages 1&2, they were great with them all through the flights! Well what can I say about Melbourne, its great. We have all settled and we like living in Point Cook, we're really close to all the amenties. I have managed to get the kids into daycare but let me tell you its not cheap. Also OH is a plumber and has managed to find work but beware all plumbers coming to Melbourne, you won't earn a fortune as the wages aren't great. Also be aware you will need about $1500 to get registered with the plumbing commission, get a red card and attend college for any qualifications that you still need to get. Unless you have a job to come to no-one will employ you until you have registered. Vetassess charge you for your assessment but don't tell you about any further costs you will need to pay, so please be aware.

Feel free to email us with any questions that you may have.

Val

Guest snow white

hi val, glad to hear your settling in well to your new life in melbourne my oh is a plumber gasfitter and were on goldcoast the last 19 months has been an uphill struggle with more than just his work and we had the same licensing problems as your oh low wages work off and on but thank goodness all changed now, its good of you to offer to help others out the better warned people are teh better prepared they will be

all the best

lesley x

Archived