Glad to be Home

Guest MONKEH

Guest MONKEH

Glad to be home in my village in north yorkshire. Forgotten the taste of yorkshire puddings!:cute:

Brisbourne was awful. Sweating there like a turkey in the oven! The sea was dirty, the kids hated that.

So glad and relieved to be back in the UK. who cares about the recession, my cup of real PG Tips satsifys me. :tongue:

The only good thing is that i saw Neighbours 3 months ahead.

Glad to be home in my village in north yorkshire. Forgotten the taste of yorkshire puddings!:cute:

Brisbourne was awful. Sweating there like a turkey in the oven! The sea was dirty, the kids hated that.

So glad and relieved to be back in the UK. who cares about the recession, my cup of real PG Tips satsifys me. :tongue:

Top post , , i`m fromm Yorkshire and if your take of life is fkin tea you aint got one , suppose you dont go walkin in the hills but go to bridlington and the bright blue sea apart from the floaters maybe they are human or radioactive from redcar

Top post , , i`m fromm Yorkshire and if your take of life is fkin tea you aint got one , suppose you dont go walkin in the hills but go to bridlington and the bright blue sea apart from the floaters maybe they are human or radioactive from redcar

Yorkshire is far more beutiful than Brisbane

Went Bridlington last week Very nice. Not sure if the sea is any cleaner but beaches & villages on east cost are just as good.

Did'nt see any sheep getting serviced, Does that happen up there as well?

Yorkshire is far more beutiful than Brisbane

Went Bridlington last week Very nice. Not sure if the sea is any cleaner but beaches & villages on east cost are just as good.

Did'nt see any sheep getting serviced, Does that happen up there as well?

When you went walking in Brid, did you play dodge the dog turd or did your kids go digging on the beach and unearth some wonderful treasures like an empty stella can, an old chip carton or wait for it..........yep you guessed it a dog turd.....

Welcome back to good old blighty.....

Guest Jackie Roberts

Just got back from Whitby today (last holiday before we emigrate) What a lovely place,clean beaches,had a great time.Not so fond of Scarborough though,it's gone a bit tacky,lots of slot machines and pound shops,what a shame,used to be such a nice fishing town.

Not saying that Oz may be better but looking forward to finding out.

Just got back from Whitby today (last holiday before we emigrate) What a lovely place,clean beaches,had a great time.Not so fond of Scarborough though,it's gone a bit tacky,lots of slot machines and pound shops,what a shame,used to be such a nice fishing town.

Hi guys

Yes agree with you about Whitby, we stay annually at Pickering and make a point of visiting Whitby..Scarborough aint too bade if you stick to the north shore....

All the best for your new life in Oz...

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Brisbourne eh, I suppose it's a bit like Eastbourne but with Bris in the front of it.

Welcome to PIO,nice of you to stumble across us.

Sorry to hear you had a bad time, you should have joined here earlier, its common knowledge with us PIOers that Aldi and Woolys sell Aunt Bessies yorkshire puddings,lol, and in true Peter Kay style ''they taste the same'',lol.

Seeing as Brisbane doesnt have a real beach i can only presume you didnt have the pleasure of visiting some of Australias stunning beaches on both the Sunshine and Gold Coast's.

But heh , if you are happier back on UK soil, good for you and all the best for your future.

Cal x

I thought you would have made your own Yorkshire Puddings .... we do, so haven't missed out

Guest dazla

Don't go to Manly, the main drag is full of tacky pound shops and amusements !

Daz

When you went walking in Brid, did you play dodge the dog turd or did your kids go digging on the beach and unearth some wonderful treasures like an empty stella can, an old chip carton or wait for it..........yep you guessed it a dog turd.....

Welcome back to good old blighty.....

Now for me YorshireClan that is one thing that gets my goat. I have been up the East Yourkshire coast with my dog and never see a turd anyware. Granted when back home in leafie Essex I do see the odd lump of poo around. Thats far better than when I had a dog as a kid there was poo every where.

Now I lived in North Lakes QLD and while walking the dog there was just as much poo left as there is here, but I never let it disract me as I may have tripped over a shopping trolly if I did'nt stay focused.

Now I'm not saying its the Aussies who would do this sort of thing as, as a whole they do respect there country, maybe it's the migrating Brits coming over to Australia and need to learn how to behaive.

John

Ps I was in Sheffield last year, and really dont blame you for wanting to move.

Guest Scamp1976

Typical English ......

UK people are always blaming people and blaming 'things' in general. "oh there's too many dog turds... noone cleans up their dog poo" but when UK people see a dog poo on the street and the owner doesn't pick it up , then what do UK people do ? They don't do ANYTHING. They go home and complain about it.

Not sure whether it's fear or whether it's disinterest, but guys : When you see a dog owner letting his dog poo and he doesn't clear it up , GO UP TO HIM AND TELL HIM TO CLEAN HIS FRIGGING POO UP OR YOU'LL HAVE HIM EAT IT !... it's not that hard. If everyone behaved like this there would not be any dog poo anywhere.

But no, just stand on the sidelines and complain. Way to go Pommies !

Do not let your dog poo in City of Port Phillip in Melbourne as they did a dna test and took someone to court.

Now this off topic but what gets me is the people who take their dogs into the school yard and let them defaecate wonder if they have children.

Last time we were in UK we were in a park and it stunk of dog poo.

Do not let your dog poo in City of Port Phillip in Melbourne as they did a dna test and took someone to court.

Now this off topic but what gets me is the people who take their dogs into the school yard and let them defaecate wonder if they have children.

Last time we were in UK we were in a park and it stunk of dog poo.[/quote]

So like Uk, Victorians do have scum that don't know how to behave. But it seem's that the the Authoritys do know how to behave.

Great storie hope they were found guilty (If of course they were guilty)

There was a doggy park in North Lakes QLD which also stunk of poo.

Shame on you! lol you should be drinking Yorkshire Red!

Its not Yorkshire puds i miss (although they are very tasty). I just miss Yorkshire (dog poo and all!). I am going back to Harrogate, Knaresborough or York. Harrogate is where i lived before i came here but York has always been somewhere i would like to live. May think differently if i had to go back to Bradford (no offence to anyone who lives there as my family all originate from Bradford area). If i had to go back there I may feel Australia had the upper hand and stay!

Its not Yorkshire puds i miss (although they are very tasty). I just miss Yorkshire (dog poo and all!). I am going back to Harrogate, Knaresborough or York. Harrogate is where i lived before i came here but York has always been somewhere i would like to live. May think differently if i had to go back to Bradford (no offence to anyone who lives there as my family all originate from Bradford area). If i had to go back there I may feel Australia had the upper hand and stay!

When you go back to Bradford do you honestly feel your back in the UK?? if you know what i mean...

Guest JoanneHattersley

Good on ya for being honest!

In the OP defence.....Yorkshire is beautiful! I got my husband from there! LOL!

Now for me YorshireClan that is one thing that gets my goat. I have been up the East Yourkshire coast with my dog and never see a turd anyware. Granted when back home in leafie Essex I do see the odd lump of poo around. Thats far better than when I had a dog as a kid there was poo every where.

Now I lived in North Lakes QLD and while walking the dog there was just as much poo left as there is here, but I never let it disract me as I may have tripped over a shopping trolly if I did'nt stay focused.

Now I'm not saying its the Aussies who would do this sort of thing as, as a whole they do respect there country, maybe it's the migrating Brits coming over to Australia and need to learn how to behaive.

John

Ps I was in Sheffield last year, and really dont blame you for wanting to move.

Hi John

The only shopping trolleys you'll see here are the ones in the local park, usualy in the pond!!!..AHHH the wonderful family park, broken swings, grafetti on the slide and empty beer cans next to the park bench....Who says turds are the only vice???

Guest Guest9973
I thought you would have made your own Yorkshire Puddings .... we do, so haven't missed out

Mrs Tyke makes lovely ones ( when not on a diet):smile:

Guest Guest9973

If I'd have been you ,I'd have travelled other parts of the country at least!

You should have tried South Australia - much less humidity - pristine waters ( I go out fishing on the sea).

Sorry to see you returning after what can only be called an expensive holiday.

Have to ask if you really gave it a try - our first two years - then yr 5 were awful.

Still here after 9.

Guest Guest9973
Good on ya for being honest!

In the OP defence.....Yorkshire is beautiful! I got my husband from there! LOL!

I'm up there for a visit later this year <spit>:arghh:

I really did not want to go back but with the cheap seat sale from Singapore Airlines I had no defence with Mrs Tyke.:biglaugh:

It's OK,we will visit some old haunts - Whitby included but I'd rather be here out fishing or exploring this country.

The place is in my past - it's passed me by - the "The Rosy coloured glasses in reverse" will no doubt come out.

Guest JoanneHattersley
Mrs Tyke makes lovely ones ( when not on a diet):smile:

Mr hattersley makes great ones too!

I lived in Bradford.. it is very dreadful city, but had more friends there and plenty of job than in pretty Sydney. and now I miss Bradford a little

Archived