SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

That's fab news. Well done. Did you apply from London? Was your application straight forward?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

yeah I'm Australian she's British

we met in australia and lived there for a bit and came over here to london to live but wanted to move back to australia

we aren't married and dont have kids

we met in australia and lived there for a bit and came over here to london to live but wanted to move back to australia

Did they say why it took so long. did you wait to be contacted till you did medical and police check.

Fantastic news!

My partner and I met in early 2014, same living situation as you, aus then the UK. Looks like the visas of married people are getting approved quicker but 8 months is still pretty good and gives me a bit of hope (in light of the 10-14 months processing guidance).

Congrats again!

Did they say why it took so long. did you wait to be contacted till you did medical and police check.

no we just got the automated email saying it was granted.

we applied end of june and medicals and police check were done in august from then onwards we didnt hear anything at all from them about anything

no we just got the automated email saying it was granted.

we applied end of june and medicals and police check were done in august from then onwards we didnt hear anything at all from them about anything

That must be a great feeling, to get that email. Well done and enjoy. We are 4 months tomorrow and have heard nothing .

Has anyone had any issues or experience with rectifying a mistake on their application? I've muddle dates and I'm wondering if I should wait for the CO to ask me or to try and contact them (even though I don't have their info)?

I'm worried they'll see it and throw it in the bin straight away thinking I've lied or something. Or is the visa team are compassionate and want to help people get their visas? I have this image in my head that they'll be looking for reasons not to grant, perhaps I'm just being pessimistic and thinking the worst. Just wondering if anyone, who has actually has a conversation with their CO, has found them to be helpful or purely investigative?

What dates and whereabouts in the application?

Did my medical yesterday. Had to cough a few times but it was pretty straight forward.

Only put in my application in the first week of January but don't see the point in leaving it until asked.

Hoping to leave in November which I'm sure will be fine.

Has anyone had any issues or experience with rectifying a mistake on their application? I've muddle dates and I'm wondering if I should wait for the CO to ask me or to try and contact them (even though I don't have their info)?

I'm worried they'll see it and throw it in the bin straight away thinking I've lied or something. Or is the visa team are compassionate and want to help people get their visas? I have this image in my head that they'll be looking for reasons not to grant, perhaps I'm just being pessimistic and thinking the worst. Just wondering if anyone, who has actually has a conversation with their CO, has found them to be helpful or purely investigative?

The current way of working the CO has very little contact with the applicants. There is a correction process on the immiaccount.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What dates and whereabouts in the application?

I input the date the relationship began, not the date the de facto relationship began. They're separate questions, relationship type and start date so I must have overlooked they meant de facto start date and not overall. So dumb, I know.

Both dates are still within the requirements of the visa as I knew we had to live together for 12 months and we have detailed our living arrangements in our declarations and elsewhere in the application so they should be well aware of the timeline and can see the mix-up. I emailed the European service centre for advice but I know they take some time to respond.

We have a CO so would like to think if there's a problem they'd have contact us. Kicking myself!

I input the date the relationship began, not the date the de facto relationship began. They're separate questions, relationship type and start date so I must have overlooked they meant de facto start date and not overall. So dumb, I know.

Both dates are still within the requirements of the visa as I knew we had to live together for 12 months and we have detailed our living arrangements in our declarations and elsewhere in the application so they should be well aware of the timeline and can see the mix-up. I emailed the European service centre for advice but I know they take some time to respond.

We have a CO so would like to think if there's a problem they'd have contact us. Kicking myself!

You've contacted them so can only really wait. Have you tried to use the online correction? I'd do that if it's available to you. If it's there, use it.

You've contacted them so can only really wait. Have you tried to use the online correction? I'd do that if it's available to you. If it's there, use it.

Yes, I've just found the form you use to notify them of incorrect answers. Can't see where to upload it on the immiaccount though :/

So yesterday we got our visa granted it took just under 8 months we were 1 week off

it just goes to show its pure luck of the draw in terms of timings and every single person is different

Well done! I'm sure you're relieved! Good luck with the next stage of the journey!!

So yesterday we got our visa granted it took just under 8 months we were 1 week off

it just goes to show its pure luck of the draw in terms of timings and every single person is different

Brilliant news. I wondered if there was going to be a grant end of this week.

You're right, every person is different and every visa application will be different. I think even if two cases were similar, if they had different CO's grants could be processed very differently and perhaps months apart. Straight forward or not. Apples and oranges.

All the very best for your move! Exciting times.

Just putting this out there, think I asked before but not sure if anyone answered. When you submit form 888 and the person writes how they know you and partner etc. Has anyone that has had their grants through know if the people were ever contacts by immigration? Just wondering ad they may show how the application is being processed. We submitted 5 form 888.

It's on Australiavisaforum.com

Applied 16/09 with front loaded police checks and provide medical 15/12. Got a request to provide an additional police check in Jan, uploaded 15/02 and grant 20/02.

That's the 3rd one I've seen granted who applied after me. I front loaded and have had zero contact whatsoever. Seems that those getting requests are getting their grants further which makes zero sense.

It's on Australiavisaforum.com

Applied 16/09 with front loaded police checks and provide medical 15/12. Got a request to provide an additional police check in Jan, uploaded 15/02 and grant 20/02.

That's the 3rd one I've seen granted who applied after me. I front loaded and have had zero contact whatsoever. Seems that those getting requests are getting their grants further which makes zero sense.

It's a lot like people being served ahead of you at the bar. People can say, don't worry, you'll be next...

... yeah but...

I'm still feeling guilty that we got such a super fast grant and others other waiting. I don't understand it at all. I saw your comment about advising someone to make a mistake/leave something off their application so they get contact.....

this is almost what happened with us. Applied; all fine, then we did medical, and realised we had made a mistake, so uploaded document to rectify and then we had contact requesting something else we forgot and the police check, uploaded the requested info and had a grant a week later!! All in under 3 months....

Don't feel bad Rhi - not your fault. You just got the luck of the draw with a CO who's smashing through their grants.

If I wasn't going to Oz this week I wouldn't care less. Yes I knew the advertised waiting time too but saw a host of 5 month grants and assumed I'd get on on that too.

I'm still feeling guilty that we got such a super fast grant and others other waiting. I don't understand it at all. I saw your comment about advising someone to make a mistake/leave something off their application so they get contact.....

this is almost what happened with us. Applied; all fine, then we did medical, and realised we had made a mistake, so uploaded document to rectify and then we had contact requesting something else we forgot and the police check, uploaded the requested info and had a grant a week later!! All in under 3 months....

You shouldn't feel guilty... well maybe just a little bit.

"I'd almost be tempted to advise someone to leave off a key document to generate an early request.

Common theme of people applying after but getting the grant before. CO requested documents early.

Squeeky wheel getting the grease principle"

It seems the way of it. I suspect software / case management jumps files to the top of the pile and CO's just grant whilst they're looking at it.

It creates some sense that you get punished for trying to do the right thing and diligently completing the application as thoroughly as possible.