SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Welcome to Oz! Hope the flight was not too taxing. Good idea re have a copy of the grant letter. I remember once when we visited Oz (and I had a electronic visit visa) the airline staff said they had no record of my visa and were suggesting I may not be able to travel! Luckily I had printed a copy of the visa. Turned out the person checking us in wasn't really that competent and had to involve three other people who located it electronically in about 30 seconds.

I know they should have been able to see it. I just figured these days it's not a good idea to try to argue in an airport ?

So I've just woken up in stifling heat and checked my emails....

Someone has a grant letter sitting there!!

Over the moon really that it's finally been granted but gutted it couldn't have been 4 days ago before I travelled. I've now got to be back by 11/09/17 as that's when my police check expires.

But....at just over 5 months I've been granted. Finally.

Party time.

Over the moon really that it's finally been granted but gutted it couldn't have been 4 days ago before I travelled. I've now got to be back by 11/09/17 as that's when my police check expires.

Party time.

Omg that's absolutely amazing . Well done. Crack open the bubbly. I thought you couldn't be in oz when granted [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Party time.

Well done!!!

Bloody annoying it's after you've landed, but I'm sure you're over the moon!!

Party time.

Fantastic!! Congratulations!! Brilliant news!! Can you quickly nip away overseas for a day while you are there to re-enter and activate it??

Party time.

Congratulations hun.....still no news for me... :-(

Party time.

Awesome!! Great News

The email I received says that I need to let them know when I am leaving and I need to depart for a minimum of 5 days just to ensure the system processes everything. We've both said we will just wait and come back permanently before 11/09 anyway. Pretty sure when I called they said 3 days so assuming the 5 days is just a generic timeline they send.

I knew they'd grant it after I had landed - did chase them before but the call handler quoted 10-14 months and that was that.

Chris/Vicki - I won't sit here and say just wait etc as we've seen it all before. The waiting has been so difficult but can only assume yours is close now.

The email I received says that I need to let them know when I am leaving and I need to depart for a minimum of 5 days just to ensure the system processes everything. We've both said we will just wait and come back permanently before 11/09 anyway. Pretty sure when I called they said 3 days so assuming the 5 days is just a generic timeline they send.

I knew they'd grant it after I had landed - did chase them before but the call handler quoted 10-14 months and that was that.

Chris/Vicki - I won't sit here and say just wait etc as we've seen it all before. The waiting has been so difficult but can only assume yours is close now.

Its great news for you Hun....and bless you, we all know what it's like. We'll get our day soon enough! Enjoy your break/visit xx

Party time.

Brilliant news! I totally agree it would've been so much better beforehand :-) but that I guess is life. All the very best with your new lives out there and congrats again

It will be interesting to see if what the person on the other forum had said to someone about grants this week will come to fruition. They are sure that if everything is complete there will be many people getting grants by the end of this week! We shall see, I am watching the other forum for updates!

We've both said we will just wait and come back permanently before 11/09 anyway. Pretty sure when I called they said 3 days so assuming the 5 days is just a generic timeline they send.

Do you mean you will leave Australia and then be away until September?

Fingers crossed for @Vicki1 and @CannonHillChris it'll happen for you this week!

I thought it was just a case of leaving the country and re enter through immigration my wife was pricing day return flights to Bali does, it sounds as if that is no good.

Sort of good news.

My case officer Rosemary emailed me asking to confirm if I've lived outside of the uk in the last decade.

I confirmed that I had not. I mentioned that I'm travelling on the 4th.

Hopefully good news soon

We had the same case officer - and we needed to provide a statement similar, and once supplied - we had our grant within 3 days.

GOOD LUCK!!!

I thought it was just a case of leaving the country and re enter through immigration my wife was pricing day return flights to Bali does, it sounds as if that is no good.

I think the grant has to be issued whilst you're abroad. You notify them of your travel plans and should be outside for 5 working days so the grant can be issued.

Anecdotally people say the grant letter comes the same day as they leave but there is a risk it won't.

When Immigration was telling me about leaving the country to activate Visa, they said to arrange to be offshore for at least 72 hours, although in practice, from observing these forums for a few years, the grant seems to come through within hours of departure from Australia.

By that time, I won't give a toss, I shall that happy to have got a grant that I'll be cartwheeling all the way to the airport (dodgy image there)!

Fingers crossed that you're only a few days away - get that champagne/beer on ice!!

Sort of good news.

My case officer Rosemary emailed me asking to confirm if I've lived outside of the uk in the last decade.

I confirmed that I had not. I mentioned that I'm travelling on the 4th.

Hopefully good news soon