SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hello, new to this forum. Applied 27th Sept and heard nothing. From reading other forums had hoped someone would have been in touch by now as haven't done medials or police checks. Hopefully straightforward case (together 9 years, no kids). Is it worth phoning or is it likely to result in a standard response?

You will most likely get the standard response. A CO will contact you if they require anything further for your application. If you applied online I'd think you could find your HAP ID to undertake your medical if you wanted and to supply your police check. Unless you've already done both of those in which case nothing more to be done I don't think. It can happen sometimes people don't hear from a CO until the visa is ready to grant or is granted.

Honestly, people don't need to contact them to enquire as to their application. I do in some ways think the online application makes the waiting worse for people than when it was all done via postal applications. People constantly checking their IMMI accounts to see if there is any change, must drive people a bit nuts.

When they moved over to the online applications it seems they also moved away from giving out CO direct emails and phone numbers and now only have a central email contact and help desk where enquiries are fielded and only referred to a CO if urgent or important to the application. General enquiries about where the application is at won't get much beyond its lodged, processing in due course sort of thing.

Thanks, I can imagine given the volume of applications that calling probably won't get me much further forward. It's just the not knowing and having everything on hold thats hard as I have a 3 month notice period at work.

I'm going to go ahead and get medical and police check in next couple of weeks as that's almost 4 months now so expiry shouldn't be an issue (hopefully).

Hopefully will see Sept applicants getting some news soon!

You will most likely get the standard response. A CO will contact you if they require anything further for your application. If you applied online I'd think you could find your HAP ID to undertake your medical if you wanted and to supply your police check. Unless you've already done both of those in which case nothing more to be done I don't think. It can happen sometimes people don't hear from a CO until the visa is ready to grant or is granted.

Honestly, people don't need to contact them to enquire as to their application. I do in some ways think the online application makes the waiting worse for people than when it was all done via postal applications. People constantly checking their IMMI accounts to see if there is any change, must drive people a bit nuts.

When they moved over to the online applications it seems they also moved away from giving out CO direct emails and phone numbers and now only have a central email contact and help desk where enquiries are fielded and only referred to a CO if urgent or important to the application. General enquiries about where the application is at won't get much beyond its lodged, processing in due course sort of thing.

CannonHillChris I think this could be your week or next week. You will be hitting the 5 month mark and from all other people that front loaded their applications they seem to get the golden email at around 21/22 weeks.

Fingers crossed.

Hi All,

Just thought I'd upload my details and dates.

Date of Lodgement - 03rd September 2016

Lodgement - Online from UK, Spouse

Medical and police checks provided unrequested with first month.

No dependents or complicating factors.

Copious documents and evidence provided.

British husband, Australian Wife. Married one month before application.

No contact, queries or case officer.

Fingers crossed.

My wife is in Melbourne now. She has rented a house. I can't travel until dogs fly on 02nd March 2017. I'd like to hope my visa will have arrived by then.

If not I'll have to be a kept man for a bit.

I'll keep you posted with any progress.

What date do you fly out to Australia?

We fly on the 23/02 so 4 weeks today and 5 months would be circa 13/02 so only the 10 days difference.

I'm not going to do my visitor visa until the week we go just to give my partner visa enough to me.

We fly on the 23/02 so 4 weeks today and 5 months would be circa 13/02 so only the 10 days difference.

I'm not going to do my visitor visa until the week we go just to give my partner visa enough to me.

Good plan! Although - even if you do the evictor - the partner visa grant would over ride it...

You uploaded your holiday details etc into immiaccount didn't you? so they know you are going?!

Good plan! Although - even if you do the evictor - the partner visa grant would over ride it...

You uploaded your holiday details etc into immiaccount didn't you? so they know you are going?!

Yeah the itinerary is on there as includes myself, partner and our daughter. I did call them to confirm we were going away but they said you actually don't have to tell them if you're going to Oz. By applying for an e-visitor on your immi account they can tell you're going to enter the country.

There is no issue in applying for a visitor visa ahead of time. Many do. I'd not be leaving it to the last week before I fly to get a tourist visa anyways.

There is no issue in applying for a visitor visa ahead of time. Many do. I'd not be leaving it to the last week before I fly to get a tourist visa anyways.

The e-visitor is always granted almost instantly anyway - had no issues whenever I've applied. As long as the partner visa supercedes it if granted then maybe I'll just get it done now.

Hi we are new here,

but just wanted to give you a bit of information on our timeline as you will probably see everyone is different.

We applied at the end of June

CO was about a month later and then the medical request was the end of august.

since then we haven't heard a peep from them no further information or anything.

Backstory to our situation

My partner and I met in australia in early 2013 lived together for about a year in australia and then moved here in the uk have been here for nearly 2 years and my visa is up in may.

so fingers crossed we get it soon..

Hi we are new here,

but just wanted to give you a bit of information on our timeline as you will probably see everyone is different.

since then we haven't heard a peep from them no further information or anything.

My partner and I met in australia in early 2013 lived together for about a year in australia and then moved here in the uk have been here for nearly 2 years and my visa is up in may.

Let us know when you hear back!

Happy New Year! I think you'll hear this or next week! We have booked the medical (in Manchester) and my husband was told he will need to take his underpants off - not sure why but she felt the need to tell him!! We've been imagining all sorts of scenarios!! Haha

@koalakate, my husband had his medical yesterday – and yes, he did have to take his pants off (for a cough test)... I guess it will all be worth it in the end! LOL!

Hi we are new here,

Hi,

Thank you for posting. It does seem to be a long time since your medicals. Were your medicals referred do you know as this may have delayed things or was there anything else complicated about your application that perhaps delayed it? If not then I guess your case officer just hasn't got round to granting it yet! Maybe you could send them an email advising of your situation which might give them a nudge.

I'm sure you'll hear soon, keep us updated.

He had it done in London – Knightsbridge. He wasn’t quite expecting it… I guess they were being thorough. @SimplyRhi, where did your husband have his?

I had mine done in Knightsbridge too and definitely kept my pants on :laugh:

Perhaps it's an age thing or for pre existing medical conditions?