Wii console

Georgie

Anybody taken theirs back to the UK and played British games on them? I have been told no by a fella in Target but looked at some on Australian ebay and they say PAL (NZ UK AUS) so to me that says they will play UK games.

I will sell if not able to play UK games but only got it at Christmas (didnt know we would be going so soon after).

Thanks

Guest matthewr

HI, we bought our Wii out with us from the UK and Australian games work fine on it, so i'd guess that an Australian Wii would play UK games fine too..

hi there us too, we got the lot, WII , XBOX 360, DS LITE PSP AND PLAYSTATION 2, ALL UK BOUGHT except xbox 360 but it plays all uk games on it, all others play auzzie games so i see no reason it wont, also our mate has just taken his back to england like u say its PAL so you will have no problems TAKE IT WITH YOU MATE !!!!!!!!!

Hi all thanks for your replies. I will take it as otherwise i would lose so much money on it. I have been into EB games today and they said UK games wouldnt work on Australian Wiis so i will try and ring Nintendo tomorrow. I reckon they will say no too as it is probably a ploy to get you to buy another once in UK!!! Maybe Australian ones are differently made and wont play the UK games even though you guys seem to be okay the other way round. I shall enquire and post my findings

Ta for your help

• 2 months later...

Great information, thanks all. I know I'm being picky, does anybody know if I buy a PS3 in UK and take it with me to Aus will it play Aus games? Has anybody had any experience with this?

We are heading over to NSW on the 17th july :-)

thanks in advance Matt

Guest Marie and Paul

We brought all our consoles with us, including the PS3 and plays all games, you just can't play DVD's unless they are all regions.

Guest mc27

Hi Marie and Paul, thank you for your response, makes justifying an investment in a PS3 a little easier :-) do Aus blue rays play?

Archived