ACT state sponsorship processing times - update

Guest Samfire

Guest Samfire

hi all,

Just got an email from our migration agent who were in contact with the ACT government who say - the state sponsorship visa application processing times are currently between 30 - 60 WORKING days (which id say is anywhere between 6 - 12 weeks).

Shir.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wossall

Hi

We have just sent our state sponsorship on 4th April 2009 and are awaiting outcome, good luck with yours let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Lynne

Guest beverley

hi

submitted ours 13 feb so hopefully will hear something soon then! ..............then there is the question of once having the sponsorship how long does it take to get the visa?????

Guest Samfire

Processing times for DIAC applications vary and will depend on what class of visa your are applying for. Assuming in your case it is State Sponsored 176 visa, these are being fast-tracked under the new guidelines and should move more quickly than usual. However, the best way to guesstimate the times is to keep an eye on the 175, 176, 475 visas online timeline monitor sticky thread on the Migration Issues forum. Cleverly set up by moonlit - valley, it's a spreadsheet whereby all members can add their information and view the progress of other applications at the same time. Once more members add to this database, we will clearly be able to see the time-frame and progress of various applications to the different territories, and hopefully this will give us more accurate and current information.

Cheers! Shirley from Clare, Ireland

Guest brizziebound

HI ,

We lodged our ACT sponsership today, have been told by agent approx 60 days, so will have to sit back and wait now. In tne mean time will have to change my name to Canberrabound

Good luck to all those who have applied to the ACT.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Samfire

Hello everybody! Just had some good news!! We finally got our State Sponsorship application approved after two months!!!! Yiipppppeeeeee!!!!! By the way, don't be disheartened about our timeframes. Our application was submitted incomplete (agent cockup unfortunately), so things should move pretty quickly for all those of you who are submitting complete applications! Hang in there, your turn will come soon!!!

Very happy,

Guest wossall

Hi Samfire

Congratulations on your state sponsorship, we are also waiting on our ACT state sponsorship which was sent on 4th April, hope it is not too long.

Good luck with your visa application, let me know how you get on.

Speak with you soon.

Lynne

Guest brizziebound

Congratulations Samfire,

That's great news, best of luck with the rest of the application, I am sure you will keep us all informed how you get on.

Martin.

Guest Samfire

I think if your state sponsorship application is in order and processed by the end of May this year, and you lodge your main DIAC application immediately after your SS is approved, then I don't see that it is unrealistic to expect to be there by the end 2009. We have yet to put our house on the market and will be lodging our main application this Monday coming, and we hope to be in Canberra by Oct/Nov 09.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Samfire
Just got reply today mentioning they are currently processing 13 march applications.

Thanks for the update Amita - I'm sure many subscribed to this thread are delighted to have this information. It shouldn't be long now for many of you waiting to hear news! Please let us all know how you each get on with your SS. We've now lodged our main application with DIAC, Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC), dated 1/5/09. Our application has been confirmed "received" and in the queue for processing.

One very important thing you should all be aware of, especially those of you not using an agent. Once you receive State Sponsorship confirmation from ACT and you lodge your application with DIAC, you will receive a Transaction Reference Number (TRN). Forward this number IMMEDIATELY to the ACT, in order for them to email on their letter, informing ASPC that you have been sponsored by them.

It is our understanding and experience that only when this notification is sent from ACT, will you be appropriately queued for a Case Officer. Our agent never did this for us, and it was just by chance that I made a query with ACT that I discovered that they were awaiting confirmation from our agent of our TRN number. So our application was probably delayed by 3-4 days with ASPC. We are front loading our medicals now and have appointments for next week. We are hoping for a September move to Canberra if we can sell our house!! - fingers crossed xxxx!!!!!

Best of Luck all of you!

:wink:

Guest amitsoft7

Hi All

Today i got the letter of ACT sponsorship for 176 visa ,Can any one guide me for the next step ?

Regards

Amit

Guest spin2diz

Congratulations Amit! When did they receive your application?

Ours was receipted 02/27/09, and we are low priority, as we have already previously lodged our 175 app to DIAC. Today is the 53rd day, so hopefully not long now :-S

Goodluck to all of us!

Guest amitsoft7

Hi

I got the receipt on 11th March 2009 for 176 visa from ACT and today i got the email about approving the sponsorship.Now i am collecting the information for filing for a visa to DIAC.

Do we also have to submit Police clearance and medical at this stage or later we can submit when we have been asked for ?

Regards

Amit

Guest Samfire
Hi All

Today i got the letter of ACT sponsorship for 176 visa ,Can any one guide me for the next step ?

Regards

Amit

Congratulations Amita! Your next step depends on whether or not you are using an agent. I assume you aren't, so you will need to complete your main visa application to DIAC - online is the preferred method and it's quicker. You can access the online application form at the following weblink: Online Applications – Applications & Forms

Start entering your information as requested on the form (it's very straightforward and easy to understand, as you are given little help icons to click on, if you need an explanation of what's required to be entered in each field) and save it as you go (do not click the "submit" button whatever you do until you have it fully completed the application and checked the information - save it instead). When you save it, you will be asked to create a password and you will be given a reference number, both of which you will need to use everytime you go online to update your form, so write them down and save them somewhere safe. When you are finished entereing all your personal information onto the online application form, there is a payment section for entry of credit card details etc. Once this information has been entered, you are at the end of the application procedure and once you're sure you've double-checked all your information and are confident that it is correct, you can go ahead and click the "submit" button. You will then be given a Transaction Reference Number (otherwise referred to as a TRN). You will need to use this from now on to check the progress of your application online.

You will then need to submit all your supporting documentation electronically. This can also be done via the above weblink - choose "attaching documents to an e-visa application" option and it will take you through the process step by step. Once you understand what's required, you can then enter and proceed to add your documents. You should print the page or save it on your computer, once your documents have been entered - this way, you have proof that you uploaded them. You can also save/print your receipt of payment page for your records. Then it's a matter of sitting and waiting, or like we did today - front loaded our medicals so that the results will be due to be received at the processing centre, by the time we are assigned a Case Officer - this will obviously speed up the issuing of our visas. Hope this helps!

Guest Samfire
Hi

I got the receipt on 11th March 2009 for 176 visa from ACT and today i got the email about approving the sponsorship.Now i am collecting the information for filing for a visa to DIAC.

Do we also have to submit Police clearance and medical at this stage or later we can submit when we have been asked for ?

Regards

Amit

Hi again Amit! We scanned our police certs and submitted them with our application online as .pdf documents. We did this yesterday, prior to being assigned a CO. We've also done our medicals today. It just depends on your own timelines for heading out to Oz. Our visas (if and when they are granted) will be valid for 1 year from yesterday I presume. This give us lots of time, as we plan on heading out there by end of Sept 2009 if possible, so it really depends on your own deadlines and what's realistic for you. If you will be ready to go within a few months of receiving your visas, I'd nearly recommend front-loading the meds and police checks, but again, you need to decide this for yourself.

Cheers and good luck!

Guest amitsoft7

Hi Samfire

Thanks for the details which you provided me ,it is definately a good idea to upload police clearance and medical at the earliest as it might speed up the process.One more thing if you could advice me, my skill assesment is going to expire on 6/6/2009 , if i submit my application before 6/6/09 then should there be any problem or i will have to re apply for my skill assessment.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Amit

Guest cassenova06

Yesterday I've submitted all necessary documents for getting the receipt how long it will take for getting the receipt from ACT?

Guest Samfire
Hi Samfire

Thanks for the details which you provided me ,it is definately a good idea to upload police clearance and medical at the earliest as it might speed up the process.One more thing if you could advice me, my skill assesment is going to expire on 6/6/2009 , if i submit my application before 6/6/09 then should there be any problem or i will have to re apply for my skill assessment.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Amit

Hi again Amit. I'm really sorry, but I'm afraid I'm not the right person to answer this one for you! Hopefully somebody else will post some advice. Alternatively, you could contact the TRA and ask them, or send a query directly to DIAC.

Best of luck

Guest Samfire
Yesterday I've submitted all necessary documents for getting the receipt how long it will take for getting the receipt from ACT?

Sorry Cassenova06 - I'm a little confused by what you mean by the term "receipt". By submission of all the necessary documents, I'm assuming that you mean you have submitted a complete application for State Sponsorship to the ACT and you are wondering a) when they will confirm receipt of your application and b) how long it will take for them to process it.

As we used an agent, I can't answer (a) for you, as our application was couriered to the ACT and hand-delivered within 24 hours, so we knew at the outset that it would be received within a day by ACT. Correspondence from ACT was sent to our agent, not us. I understand that normally, it takes 30days to process an application, but due to the number of 175 applicants switching to 176 visa applicaitons for State Sponsorship, ACT's numbers have trippled, and it could take up to 60 working days to process your application. They will notify you if they require further information, but don't expect to hear from them for about 3 weeks minimum after submission. Hope this answers your questions.

Best of Luck

Guest cassenova06
Sorry Cassenova06 - I'm a little confused by what you mean by the term "receipt". By submission of all the necessary documents, I'm assuming that you mean you have submitted a complete application for State Sponsorship to the ACT and you are wondering a) when they will confirm receipt of your application and b) how long it will take for them to process it.

As we used an agent, I can't answer (a) for you, as our application was couriered to the ACT and hand-delivered within 24 hours, so we knew at the outset that it would be received within a day by ACT. Correspondence from ACT was sent to our agent, not us. I understand that normally, it takes 30days to process an application, but due to the number of 175 applicants switching to 176 visa applicaitons for State Sponsorship, ACT's numbers have trippled, and it could take up to 60 working days to process your application. They will notify you if they require further information, but don't expect to hear from them for about 3 weeks minimum after submission. Hope this answers your questions.

Best of Luck

First of all thanks for quick reply of my post. Let me clarify your question.

If your occupation is in quota you have to inquire by email first and if you get positive reply from ACT. You can submit your papers for state sponsorship - It is a new rule for all quota occupations. I have emailed my occupation assessment, detailed CV & result of IELTS to ACT and I used the term "receipt" for outcome of my email from ACT.

Guest Samfire

Now I have you! We weren't subject to the quota, so that's why I didn't understand what you were asking about. I suggest your best bet is to contact the ACT - email them and ask how long it will take before you hear back. Emailto: http://www.business.act.gov.au

Guest cassenova06

Thanks for your quick reply again...but today I have gotten positive reply of my application from ACT. So, I think I have 90% of chance to get 176 visa. It didn't take much time to reply from ACT!!!

Thanks for your guidance.

Keep it up. Good job buddy!!!!!!!!

Archived