So..what was your dream??

Guest TravellingSpils

Guest TravellingSpils

This is mine:

• Find a quiet and pleasant area of Victoria to live - find a great job (I'll settle for an OK job to start with).
  • Find a great school for both kids, 7 & 14.
  • Husband & I get a more equal share of bringing up family - greater quality of work / life balance.
  • Sunshine, picnics, less TV, new friends.

This is my dream - in 6 months time we will begin our new life in Vic.

Question:

• What was your dream?
  • Has it become a reality?

Would love to hear the dreams & realities of others......

TS

----------------------

176 Visa - Victoria

We just wanted a change, we were sick of working 6 sometimes 7 days a week and never having time to go out and do much as a family, thankfully Australia has given us a way out of that.

I cant say we are living the dream, as moving and living here has its ups and downs like any country, but life for us as a family is much better, we work less and spend together , days out cost very little and there is so much to see and do in this wonderful country.

Cal x

My dream? Coming out to Australia

Has it become a reality? Yes. for 46 years have lived and lov...that's nothing to do with you lot:tongue:

Done most of the things I set out to do, except for 1 teensy weensy problem... Never seen the Great Barrier Reef and I live within 50 km of the bl**dy thing:arghh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest tayella

:spinny:My dream is going back to England shouldnt of left in first place

Hopefully back in 3 months

nat the wife of ansonoz

nat the wife of ansonoz

so your dream was to come to australia then move back to the uk.. hmm what ever floats you're boat i guess hehe!

back on topic....

My dream was for a different lifestyle and to break the routine i'd dropped into.

Yes it has become a new exciting reality.

Guest Working to fish

I am simple with a simple dream .

It was to have wirelss internet

:cry:

eddie

:jiggy:After being very lucky to have lived and worked in Gernany and Cyprus moved back to the Uk and we just can not settle.Our dream was a more relaxed outdoor lifestyle after considering numerous options we have decided Australia.O/h job gives us the chance to explore Australia (we will be moving every 2 years).I know I am very lucky to get this chance Our adventure starts on 30th April:jiggy:

Guest juliemtaylor

Our dream is similar - hoping for adventure and a new start - hoping to be able to see the sea and going to the ski slopes! all in the same new country... Settling in we have done before here, but having to do it in a new world should be a challenge and hopefully fun along the way??!!

Julie x

Well our dream hasn't started yet but our hoping for more family time in the sun sun sun. We are not expecting for hubby to work less but what time he does have will be spent outside.

Donna

Guest TravellingSpils
Our dream was for good jobs, achieved, house with large land, achieved, children, achieved, space and solitude if we want it, achieved, good climate, achieved.

After 35 years thanks Australia.

What a great reply - thank you - do you have any tips on how you achieved this fanstastic outcome?

TS

• 3 months later...

Well coming to Australia wasnt a dream it was an opportunity. Marrying my DH and having a wonderful marriage was a dream - tick. Raising happy, healthy functional kids - tick. Being in employment to keep the wolf from the door - tick.

Guest guest17301

More of an opportunity that couldn't be missed...

But did plenty of dreaming in the run up to the move. I dreamed of us both being able to work part time and spend lots of quality family time relaxing in a sunny little piece of heaven seeing new things and having different experiences.

The work bit hasn't gone to plan..I'm working full time and Oh is yet to gain employment. The rest is pretty much there!

Guest JoanneHattersley

Dream was:

- to enjoy life

- not to spend every waking hour at work or commuting

- be together more

- better quality of life

- meet family that i have out here that i used to never see.

Reality:

- i love my life here

- i work 5 days a week but do less hours and my commute is 6 minutes each way. - maximum!

- 500% more time together. We are together 12 days out of every 14. In Uk we were often seeing each other for an odd day every 3-5 weeks!

- quality of life is better

- seen more family out here and met more family than I ever really appreciated that I had!

After 4.5 years it is all good, but for me.........after 2 weeks I knew this was it!

Dream was:

- to enjoy life

- not to spend every waking hour at work or commuting

- be together more

- better quality of life

- meet family that i have out here that i used to never see.

Reality:

- i love my life here

- i work 5 days a week but do less hours and my commute is 6 minutes each way. - maximum!

- 500% more time together. We are together 12 days out of every 14. In Uk we were often seeing each other for an odd day every 3-5 weeks!

- quality of life is better

- seen more family out here and met more family than I ever really appreciated that I had!

After 4.5 years it is all good, but for me.........after 2 weeks I knew this was it!

I think thats more luck than the country though as job for job I would say more people travel further to work in Australia just because of the size of the country.

It really comes down to where you feel you belong.... I have tried so so hard to belong here and I have two fantastic friends my brother is here as is my mum and dad but I think I am very honest with myself and so I wont say I am happy here when I am not ...I wish I was........I feel so so lucky to have been born in England , as someone once said to be born British is to have won the lottery of life

My sentiments exactly......sorry got off track there and onto my band wagon oops !!!x:yes:

Guest JoanneHattersley
I think thats more luck than the country though as job for job I would say more people travel further to work in Australia just because of the size of the country.

I appreciate that sentiment and I used to say myself that we were lucky! Everything fell into place perfectly for us the whole way through the process. Maybe thats luck I dont know! I actually looked for a home near my job though. Due to my medical condition there is always a chance that I may not be allowed a driving license. I looked for a home near work so that my life was made easier. On reflection really it wasnt luck, I made my life easy this way!

It really comes down to where you feel you belong...

My husband wanted to emigrate here. I had no desire to whatsoever. There was nothing drawing me here. Yet within 2 weeks I was settled and knew this was it. For me, I feel I belong wherever Mark is. Sentimental as that is, if we are together we can cope with anything that is chucked at us.

Guest itskaren
This is mine:

• Find a quiet and pleasant area of Victoria to live - find a great job (I'll settle for an OK job to start with).

• Find a great school for both kids, 7 & 14.

• Husband & I get a more equal share of bringing up family - greater quality of work / life balance.

• Sunshine, picnics, less TV, new friends.

This is my dream - in 6 months time we will begin our new life in Vic.

Question:

• What was your dream?

• Has it become a reality?

Would love to hear the dreams & realities of others......

TS

----------------------

176 Visa - Victoria

This too was our dream! Apart from the school (which is private) everything is worse. We are in Melbourne. I am sure there are some who love it but also some like us who hate it and regret coming here.

We've been here nearly 19 months now so we'll give it another year then probably go back.

Good Luck

Guest itskaren

nat the wife of ansonoz

Mine too!

I appreciate that sentiment and I used to say myself that we were lucky! Everything fell into place perfectly for us the whole way through the process. Maybe thats luck I dont know! I actually looked for a home near my job though. Due to my medical condition there is always a chance that I may not be allowed a driving license. I looked for a home near work so that my life was made easier. On reflection really it wasnt luck, I made my life easy this way!

My husband wanted to emigrate here. I had no desire to whatsoever. There was nothing drawing me here. Yet within 2 weeks I was settled and knew this was it. For me, I feel I belong wherever Mark is. Sentimental as that is, if we are together we can cope with anything that is chucked at us.

I agree totally that I would rather live in a shed with my hubby than go back to uk without him....as for houses and stuff we rent here we cannot afford to buy as in the uk you have the option to buy a terrace with no garden which though it might not be ideal the option id there to get you on the ladder whereas here you have to go for broke.....

I wished I felt like you but I dont and after 22 years I know I never will...I dont understand why people like it here more than UK and I know that is totally subjective but I honestly cannot !!:confused:

Guest JoanneHattersley
I agree totally that I would rather live in a shed with my hubby than go back to uk without him....as for houses and stuff we rent here we cannot afford to buy as in the uk you have the option to buy a terrace with no garden which though it might not be ideal the option id there to get you on the ladder whereas here you have to go for broke.....

I wished I felt like you but I dont and after 22 years I know I never will...I dont understand why people like it here more than UK and I know that is totally subjective but I honestly cannot !!:confused:

I dont necessarily like it more than the UK. There are bits of the UK that I miss like mad! But I enjoy life here more. I have more time with my OH. If that was all I ever achieved by moving, I`d be more than happy!

Some people like it here and some dont! Be boring if we were all the same!

Archived