state sponsership

Guest brizziebound

Guest brizziebound

Hi,

can anyone tell me is it necessary to do the IELTS before applying for state sponsership,

If so I am in leeds, where is the best and quickest place to apply.

thanks

B.B.

Guest Marie & David

Hi B.B.

It all depends on the Visa you are going for, if you need the IETLS for the full 120 pass mark then yes you do need to do the test, but if you are going for SS on 110 pass mark and the state make up the other 10 no you dont, so deside which visa you need, if you are going as a student then you do need the IETLS, its all on the the web site of each state WA is the best website to understand, it gives you lots of tips, it only takes about 2 weeks to book the test, if you need it they may be doing it over easter so be quick.

Marie

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi BB

According to an earlier thread you are a brickie and you applied for a family sponsored subclass 176 visa in September 2008.

As you know QLD does not sponsor brickies for the sc 176 visa but it does offer sponsorship for the provisional sc 475 visa. Have you decided to apply for a State Sponsored 475 as well, as an interim measure to get you out to Oz quickly?

You must have had 100 points of your own in order to be able to apply for a family sponsored 176 because with the 176 visa the rellies do not contribute any points.

With the State Sponsored 176 and the 475 visa, the State contributes an additional 10 points on top of however many points you have gained on your own.

Therefore I query why you need to take the IELTS at all? Please see the following links and check the figures:

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475)

Best wishes

Gill

Archived