Sending the Dog

Guest Burness2Oz

Guest Burness2Oz

G'day everyone,

I know I have seen threads on here before about taking your Dog to Oz but I am not sure if the Search option is not working but it would not bring anything up under 'dog' 'pet transport' etc

Can anyone tell me if they are sending their dog and if they have already done it how the dog was after quarantine and their views on the whole process? Also who they used or are planning to use?? Would also like a price indication is possible? We have a small Cavalier King Charles.

Thanks forever!!!! :notworthy:

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Hydie + Rob,

We've got a Cavalier King Charles too and we want to bring her with us over to the Gold Coast (too! What a small world!)... hope you manage to find some good info as we need to get looking too me thinks,

Dan :spinny:

Guest the dobbas

hi

we have two lhasa apsos and a toy poodle we are sending them with airpets who seem very friendly . the cost for all three is £3250 to send them it was also £350 for there permits ( airpets sorted that out) and it cost £440 for there blood tests , flea treatment etc. we also have to pay the quarentine costs which i belive are 10 dollars each per night for one month. hope this helps.

dobba

Hi Burness2Oz,

I know you have had some replies but here is a link to a page on my website page with various pet exporters: http://www.dogwalks.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34&Itemid=38

My experience with them is fantastic and I am sure you will find one that will be able to help you. They can actually arrange everything for you including all the import permit application paperwork if you wish.

I do work quite a bit with the three quarantine stations. Which one do you think you will be using? Do feel free to PM me with any specific questions or advice. Happy to help if I can - I've been through it so understand

:smile:

Guest alan r

Hi guys we sent our dog over last year king charles she would have been just over one...she managed the quarntine but being fussy eater lost alot of weight...she soon made up for it...i advise you to get your dog vacinated against rabies on the pet passport which we didn't as things haven't worked out and we now have to wait 7mths before we can go home...vaccine..wait one month ...blood test ...wait 6 months then if ok can go home... if we had had the vacine originally we could have gone home straight away. we used golden arrow shippers they were fab...cost about one ans a half thousand pound in all.But they were fantastic. all the best ...it was worth it wouldn't be without her !!! GOOD LUCK !!!

Archived