NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi do you need to be in your current post 12 months to get a visa? I have worked in ICU for 5 years but recently got a new job/promotion in a different area and only just been there 2 months ...I was told by someone on here you need 12 months in a current post? It is fine as I need to save and wasn't planning to move for another 1.5 years but this kinda stops me evening starting the process for another year!

• 2 weeks later...

I am just starting this whole process....is there any posts that detail the whole process and the order to do it in?

IELTS exam, then AHPRA, then skills assessment then apply for visa?

For AHPRA I need to get course syllabus,pharmacology clinical hours and academic transcripts sent from uni- do they send them to us so we can get them certified?

A copy of a degree certificate/passport/driving licence/marriage licence/bank statement and credit card/Refrences covering 5 years,-all certified. A NMC statement of entry and NMC registration. Can we use the statement of entry on NMC online? Does the NMC send them directly ?Plus a signed CV and the fit2work criminal check.

For ANMAC what is required for the proof for fitness to practice?

I am just starting this whole process....is there any posts that detail the whole process and the order to do it in?

IELTS exam, then AHPRA, then skills assessment then apply for visa?

For AHPRA I need to get course syllabus,pharmacology clinical hours and academic transcripts sent from uni- do they send them to us so we can get them certified?

A copy of a degree certificate/passport/driving licence/marriage licence/bank statement and credit card/Refrences covering 5 years,-all certified. A NMC statement of entry and NMC registration. Can we use the statement of entry on NMC online? Does the NMC send them directly ?Plus a signed CV and the fit2work criminal check.

For ANMAC what is required for the proof for fitness to practice?

What visa are you going for?

You only need the skills assessment when its for independent residency.

Again, depending on the visa / experience, you might not need to do the english exam.

The academic transcript gets sent directly from your UNI to AHPRA.

I think the NMC statement of entry is the one originally posted to you. The may also accept a copy of your recent registration as well.

Guest Priscilla101

Nmc statement you apply online for £35. They make the process as daft as possible - you apply, they send a pack to you for you to write your pin and address you want it sent to. They then take a month and need to be chased to send it to Oz

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I currently hold a Bachelor in Pharmacology and looking into doing nursing diploma but I heard that nursing diploma is no longer acceptable. I don't know if having a Bachelor in science already would help my application.

Guest Priscilla101
Hi everyone, I currently hold a Bachelor in Pharmacology and looking into doing nursing diploma but I heard that nursing diploma is no longer acceptable. I don't know if having a Bachelor in science already would help my application.

Where you looking to do diploma in nursing? All uk universities only offer degree course. If you want to work as a nurse in Oz you need the degree.

Visa and registration are different

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I recently received my AHPRA registration approval "in principle" on an email where I have to reply via email to extend for 12 months which takes me to August 2017, in order to show my face, passport with ozzy visa and australian residential adress etc.. but I haven't had my visa approved yet and I'm not sure I'll be ready to emigrate next year, as I'm planning to do other things before hand.

Is there a possibility to extend it further, as I thought I could go over on holiday to finalize the registration but I need an ozzy residential address according to the paperwork sent?

Hi guys, quick question. I got my permanent resident visa last year however APHRA wouldn't register me as I am a diploma nurse and not degree thus I need to top up to a degree. However does anyone know if as a registered nurse in the UK I can register in Australia as an enrolled nurse instead. Asking APHRA is useless as they want you to just apply so they get payment even if they know the answer is no from the start. Any help would be extremely grateful.

Thank you in advance

Leanne xx

Hi everyone,

I recently received my AHPRA registration approval "in principle" on an email where I have to reply via email to extend for 12 months which takes me to August 2017, in order to show my face, passport with ozzy visa and australian residential adress etc.. but I haven't had my visa approved yet and I'm not sure I'll be ready to emigrate next year, as I'm planning to do other things before hand.

Is there a possibility to extend it further, as I thought I could go over on holiday to finalize the registration but I need an ozzy residential address according to the paperwork sent?

I don't think you can extend further, they were picky with me due to the NMC statement being over 6 months old. We were in a similar scenario though, we are currently travelling Asia but had to be at Ahpra by September, our plans were not until December though.

To get around this we started our travels with a week in Australia, we opened a NAB bank account which let's you provide a temporary address (hotel or Airbnb), we then got a statement print out with this address showing a balance of zero and used this for Ahpra registration. Ahpra send you a certificate, but you can set your postal address's to the UK until you actually move over.

Guest Priscilla101
Hi guys, quick question. I got my permanent resident visa last year however APHRA wouldn't register me as I am a diploma nurse and not degree thus I need to top up to a degree. However does anyone know if as a registered nurse in the UK I can register in Australia as an enrolled nurse instead. Asking APHRA is useless as they want you to just apply so they get payment even if they know the answer is no from the start. Any help would be extremely grateful.

Thank you in advance

Leanne xx

Short of it is no. Even enrolled nurse is registered. And the U.K. Diploma just doesn't cut it I'm afraid. If you got your pr you can do top up in uk or apply for uni here for nurse degree course

• 1 month later...

Hi, can anyone help. I'm waiting for AHPRA to make a decision on my application, which they have delayed twice. Am now awaiting a decision by mid November, but feeling incredibly anxious. I am a uk based mental health nurse, have obtains a Bsc degree, followed by a dip HE MH nursing, and another postgrad diploma more recently. Have been qualified since 2003, however I have been reading threads that AHPRA are refusing uk diplomas. Has anyone met the requirements? I am considering going down the counselling route if AHPRA fails me.

Hi, can anyone help. I'm waiting for AHPRA to make a decision on my application, which they have delayed twice. Am now awaiting a decision by mid November, but feeling incredibly anxious. I am a uk based mental health nurse, have obtains a Bsc degree, followed by a dip HE MH nursing, and another postgrad diploma more recently. Have been qualified since 2003, however I have been reading threads that AHPRA are refusing uk diplomas. Has anyone met the requirements? I am considering going down the counselling route if AHPRA fails me.

Hi there, I also qualified with a diplomas in MH nursing in 2004, also have a BSC in dementia . I was registered last year with no conditions. Prit1980, did AHPRA tell you the reason for the delay? My OH is waiting for a decision too. We have the same qualifications, went to the same uni, ahpra is asking for marks in each module which the uni can't provide. They didn'ta ask me to provide this last year.

Hi Wats2014 the reason for the delay is that Ahpra have a large volume of applications and basically have a big back log to get through. They did email me asking for my modules in medication management, and I provided a detailed transcript. The university have nothing more they can provide me with so I am just keeping my fingers crossed. It's a loooooong wait!

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

was seeing the thread and thought of raising my concern over here after exhausting internet searches. My boyfriend and I are planning to move to Aus by applying for Visa 190. He is a nurse with a Diploma in nursing from the University of Malta and a top-up degree from University of Derby. He is in the process of compiling documentation to apply for registration. However, one of our main concerns, is whether with these qualifications and 3 years working experience he is required to undertake the Bridging course in Aus, first due to time he has to spend there to complete it and secondly cos it's quite costly...would rly appreciate if anyone has some kind of info or experiences to share :) Thanks

According to the information found in this link http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Registration-and-Endorsement/International/Accreditation-requirements-of-the-qualification-assessment-model.aspx under 'Qualifications that are unlikely to meet the accreditation requirements' Malta is one of the listed countries that are unlikely to meet the requirements for criterion 2 and 3. Therefore, since my boyfriends' diploma was obtained from the University of Malta, there is that doubt that it may not meet the requirement for Australian registration.On the other hand the top-up degree he successfully completed was obtained from the University of Derby, UK, which may give some advantage in these circumstances. Maybe anyone knows of a case where at least the top-up degree was from the UK and his diploma is from another unlikely eligible country and managed to get registration without a bridging course?

• 1 month later...

Currently awaiting certifying of documents. I'm a little confused by the APHRA guidance for photographic evidence.

Does this have to be certified as a true likeness of the person or as an copy of the original or both ?

I dont want them to be certified wrong and have a delay.

Thank in advance. This is a long process and it's only just begun