NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Here's a tip:

If you have your skills assessment done with the ANMC they will pass on your paperwork to the state you want to register with. There is no cost to you and it saves you having to duplicate documents. You then need only fill out the registrations form and send your money.

Ali

I don't think you do one on the 457 - not sure if you do a modified assessment when applying for PR (as you've already been registered in a state). I came on a PR visa so the process was a little different. I'm sure someone whose on a 457 will post the answer

Ali x

Guest Guest26012
Hi Ali,

I'm going out on a 457 visa and getting registered with QNMC, they have'nt asked for a skills test, will I still have to have one when I get there, would hate to do all this and then find I fail a test.

You dont need a skills asessment for a 457 but you do when you apply for PR.

Guest benedict1
Here's a tip:

If you have your skills assessment done with the ANMC they will pass on your paperwork to the state you want to register with. There is no cost to you and it saves you having to duplicate documents. You then need only fill out the registrations form and send your money.

Ali

Hi Ali,

I am looking into Mutual Recognition (am registered in WA) I asked for information regarding this from NMBWA and they told me to just look on relevant website for QLD Nursing Board.

NMBWA didn't mention anything about them forwarding original documents. Is it just a case of paying them to send documents? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if each state board will pass on documents to another board, I was referring to the ANMC and the skills assessment, But I would imagine you'll have to pay the NMBWA to verify your licence to practise. I don't know how long the nursing boards hold the evidence for, the ANMC hold it for 2 years (which is when the skills assessment would expire). Once your registered with a nursing board, I don't know if they keep your documents or not.

Ali

Guest benedict1
I don't know if each state board will pass on documents to another board, I was referring to the ANMC and the skills assessment, But I would imagine you'll have to pay the NMBWA to verify your licence to practise. I don't know how long the nursing boards hold the evidence for, the ANMC hold it for 2 years (which is when the skills assessment would expire). Once your registered with a nursing board, I don't know if they keep your documents or not.

Ali

Thanks Ali.

I was getting confused between the ANMC and the NMBWA :embarrassed:

Hi Ali, thanks for putting me straight, its a huge relief to know I dont have to sit exams.......again.

Make sure to bting your statement of employment from your employer in the uk , you will need it when you upgrade to pr , MC forgot to put it in the application but we emailed it same day and got upgrade 2 hours later

Mally

would appreciate if somebody could confirm if Ali is correct in saying that the ANMC simply forward your details to the nursing board concerned [western aus. in my case] because I have been told that they do not do this and you must apply to the nursing board of your chosen state seperately and have transcripts ,registration details etc sent to them all over again and pay the fees.

This did seem silly to me to have to repeat what has already been sent and approved by the ANMC but this is what the agent is telling me.

At this stage nothing would surprise me with this whole process !

I would appreciate any info on this.

Thanks

Hi

Gibbo - I wonder if you have had any further dealings with regards to your registration? I have been reading you post and also your reply from Ali and I am still confused :chatterbox:

I have sent an email to the ANMC link as supplied by Ali - but not heard anything yet (24 hours) - I also sent an email to WA nursing board, whom I have heard back from this morning - they emailed to say that I cannot ask for my details to be sent from the ANMC and I do still apply ($220) and ($120) in exactly the same way as any other candidate; therefore need to still send duplicate copies of all verified papers etc etc......

Can anyone who has done this recently advise - am I to assume that maybe they have changed their systems recently and the option offered by Ali is no longer available??

Anyone - help?!

big thanks,

Alison

Guest TeresaMck

Hi Ali, thanks for that tip with the ANMC, im going for a 176 visa PR, so once id applied for the ANMC, which im doing at present, i was going to have to get all the documents again for the QLD form, so if they transfer all the documents, thats great. One thing i am confused about is that i rang the NMC today for the verification of registration and the person on the phone told me i had to send my application off first before they would send it off but i thought it was the other way round and they had to send that off straight to the ANMC before we sent the application off, can you please verifiy this

Terry x

Hi, do check with the ANMC if they forward your file onto a nurses board of your choice as someone has posted recently that they don't do this now. I had sent off my application to the ANMC for skills assessment and asked the NMC a couple of days later.

Ali

Hi all

I have just registered with this site (very good) i am in the process of applying to qnc for my registration so trying to locate certificates! I have an interview on friday 27th feb with an agency who say they will assist in the process of finding me a job for free ! I did read someone said the 457 is a risky visa is there anyone who is across in oz now on one???

Guest Perth Princess
Hi

Gibbo - I wonder if you have had any further dealings with regards to your registration? I have been reading you post and also your reply from Ali and I am still confused :chatterbox:

I have sent an email to the ANMC link as supplied by Ali - but not heard anything yet (24 hours) - I also sent an email to WA nursing board, whom I have heard back from this morning - they emailed to say that I cannot ask for my details to be sent from the ANMC and I do still apply ($220) and ($120) in exactly the same way as any other candidate; therefore need to still send duplicate copies of all verified papers etc etc......

Can anyone who has done this recently advise - am I to assume that maybe they have changed their systems recently and the option offered by Ali is no longer available??

Anyone - help?!

big thanks,

Alison

The ANMC will still do this, you need to contact them in canberra, email or phone, and I think it's free. I have just been through this. WA will still need verification of initial entry onto the register from the UK NMC if your skills assessment was more than 6 months ago ( mine was and I guess most will be if you've been waiting for visas to come through like I was). My registration is due any day- desperate now as bored and broke!