Had anyone applied and got a visa and.........

Guest xLoobyx

Hi,

We are doing exactly that. Got state sponsorship for South Australia and applied for the visa. Just waiting for it then heading to Adelaide..

Never been to Oz never visited anywhere in the region. Just going.

My wifes sister lives out there but if you don't go you will never find out.

You only have one go at life and this is it

Ralph

Guest prettyinpink

It took us 3 months from a job offer to us arriving in Perth, having only been to Sydney for a 1 night stopover before. My one saving grace is that my brother lives here so he gave me the low down on a lot of stuff........but basically we landed having only seen Perth from the internet.

However, we're still living here and totally loving it.

Guest xLoobyx

I am glad to hear that people have just gone and done it so to speak!!! Our friends moved to Sydney last year after applying for a job, they'd never been to anywhere in Aus and they love it too!

Hi Looby,

My parents are currently in the process of applying for a 176 visa... neither of them have ever been to Australia! However I went travelling there in 2006 for 3 months and came back shouting about how much i loved it there so I guess they are partly going off my enthusiasm for it and also the hundreds of progammes and magazines they have read about the place!

Personally I couldn't go somewhere without visiting it first but everyone is different!

Emma

Archived