Nsw state sponsorship

Guest Magnetic6

Guest Magnetic6

Hi

Can anyone tell me why NSW sponsor so few occupations? Is it that it's a very popular destination or are there enough skilled workers already in the region?

Also,sorry i have lots of questions, have nurses/midwives been state sponsored in the past and is there any chance that they may be added in the future?

Wishful thinking on my part but with the recent immigration changes and the introduction of the CSL ithought maybe NSW may review it's state sponsorship.

Many thanks.:arghh:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

I take it you are not a midwife or mental health nurse? NSW offers sponsorship on the Regional 475 visa to both but not to other types of nurses, it seems.

However all types of Nurse are on the Critical Skills List for a 175 visa. Also, if you are willing to consider an employer-sponsored 457 temporary visa followed by an ENS 856 visa, all you need is a hospital in downtown Sydney to offer you a job and a visa to go with it.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Magnetic6

Hi Gill, yes i am a midwife. Is a regional 475 a PR visa and are you restricted to which part of the state you live in? We're hoping to live in Northern NSW.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Natalie

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Natalie

The skilled regional sponsored visa is a provisional visa. It does not give PR from Day One.

Department of State and Regional Development

Sydney, Newcastle & Wollongong are not Regional but the rest of NSW is.

However given that you are on the Critical Skills List, in your shoes I would hold out for immediate PR on a 175 visa.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Magnetic6

Hi Gill, yes i think i will stick with my original plan of applying for the 175.I was only looking into the state sponsorship visas as they're getting processed quicker and it suddenly seems to be the one people are opting for. As you have probably gathered i'm at the beginning of this process and have a lot to learn!

Thanks for the advice,

Natalie.

Archived