I need some reassurance pls

Guest lisaarthurton

Guest lisaarthurton

Hello poeple

Im probably just being silly but I keep reading everyones posts and they mention their visa types and the permanent visa types but nobody mentions the type of visa I have. I have a permanent residency visa which is under the Skilled - State Territory Nominated Independent (class BN, subclass 137). It means I must stay in WA for 2 years before moving elsewhere in Australia. It was due to my age that I had to get this visa so as to gain the points needed.

My only nervous worry is that because nobody else has mentioned this visa I am worried it isnt a legitimate visa. Im just a bag of nerves. Someone pls tell me they have the same visa or at least know of it.

Guest nfowley
Hello poeple

Im probably just being silly but I keep reading everyones posts and they mention their visa types and the permanent visa types but nobody mentions the type of visa I have. I have a permanent residency visa which is under the Skilled - State Territory Nominated Independent (class BN, subclass 137). It means I must stay in WA for 2 years before moving elsewhere in Australia. It was due to my age that I had to get this visa so as to gain the points needed.

My only nervous worry is that because nobody else has mentioned this visa I am worried it isnt a legitimate visa. Im just a bag of nerves. Someone pls tell me they have the same visa or at least know of it.

Hi

I don't know much about all the different visa's but I just checked the automated email that you can get by emailing a blank email to the following address aspc.processing@immi.gov.au (for visa update) and I seen your visa type on it. I have copy and pasted the section bellow, also looks like you will have CO by Feb!

"State & Territory Nominated Applications:

Subclass 134, 136, 137, 175, 176, 475, 487, 495, 885 and 886 applications

(processed by the ASPC and where a successful State or Territory Nomination

is held) will all be allocated to case officers for assessment by 13

February 2009."

Good luck and don't worry!

Guest lisaarthurton

Thanks Nicola and Simon

I guess I was just in that odd state of mind where you think you will arrive in the Australian Airport and told 'sorry, your visa is invalid'.

We received our visas a couple of months ago and are due to leave for our initial trip on Feb 6th, so now I feel a bit more relieved, I shall continue packing and worrying about what tops and swimming costume to take instead.

Neil and I wont be leaving permanently for Perth - Oz until later in the year, but pls keep in contact if you would like and we could eventually meet up for a beer on a beach down under.

Good luck to the two of you.

Lisa :smile:

Guest nfowley
Thanks Nicola and Simon

I guess I was just in that odd state of mind where you think you will arrive in the Australian Airport and told 'sorry, your visa is invalid'.

We received our visas a couple of months ago and are due to leave for our initial trip on Feb 6th, so now I feel a bit more relieved, I shall continue packing and worrying about what tops and swimming costume to take instead.

Neil and I wont be leaving permanently for Perth - Oz until later in the year, but pls keep in contact if you would like and we could eventually meet up for a beer on a beach down under.

Good luck to the two of you.

Lisa :smile:

Cool, that's great you have your visa already! I'm so jealous! We are planning to move to the Goldcoast, hopefully at some point this year if we ever get our visa!! Yeah I'll keep in touch and would be great to meet for a beer down under!

Nicola:jiggy:

Guest moggyman

Hi, I cant help with your query but I think it has been answered anyway, but can you tell me what the age problem was and what skills are you getting the visa with?

Cheers

Keith

Guest lisaarthurton

Hi Moggyman

Well, I am 43 so being over 40 I was down on 5 points. My skill is a nurse which is on the MODL list. To make up the points needed it was suggested that under the STNI visa an australian state has to sponsor me and that way I get the five extra points I need. WA sponsored me because at the time the only states offering STNI visa's were WA, Tasmania and South Australia. WA seemed the best place for us due to weather. So, they sponsored me and the rest is history. The only thing is that under the sponsorship you have to agree to stay in the state for a 2 year period and also you have to go in the WA governments suggested needy areas for your skills. In WA everywhere apart from Peel and Bunbury were open to us.

Total cost of visa for us was £3000. Most expensive cost and time consuming were the medicals due to a complicated finding on a chest xray that caused the xray to be repeated over a 5 month period followed by an MRI and then a CT and then an Ultrasound.

All is fine now and we are just excited about going. We eventually got our visa's in Nov 08.

Hope this helps

lisa

Lisa

Hiya

The numbers for the visa's changed so DON'T WORRY I'm on a 136 which is now a 175, yours is a valid visa - people will just refer to it by a different number now (i think it may be 176 but not 100% sure at the moment.)

Ali x

Archived