House Selling Question?????

emmaroo

Hi

We are putting our house back on the market next week and i was just wondering what you all think is the best thing to say when viewers ask why you are moving??

We have said to the few that have been that we are hoping to emigrate but are wondering if they then think ' oh they wont be in a hurry to sell so we can't push on the price' i know it's difficult knowing what the right thing to say is but was just wondering how others were dealing with this question?

Any help appreciated.

Emma

:wubclub:

Guest donovan
Hi

We are putting our house back on the market next week and i was just wondering what you all think is the best thing to say when viewers ask why you are moving??

We have said to the few that have been that we are hoping to emigrate but are wondering if they then think ' oh they wont be in a hurry to sell so we can't push on the price' i know it's difficult knowing what the right thing to say is but was just wondering how others were dealing with this question?

Any help appreciated.

Emma

Don't tell them you are emigrating as you are right they will mess you around with the price.

Just tell them you are moving to another house,ot relocating within the UK the little they know the better.

Sarah x

Hi emmaroo..

Oops! Never really thought about that. We thought it was a positive thing saying we're going to Oz as there is no chain / immediate vacant possession available and all that. Course, that depends if you've got visas and are more or less ready to go....

Good luck anyway. If its meant to be it'll happen!!??

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi we are going to say we are having to move due to a family project, that way they will know we are going to have no chain but will not mention emigration and mess us around with price.

Julie x

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Emma, I'd agree with Sarah, but regarding chain make up something as it will surely encourage buyers if they know there's no chain... Dan xx

Guest cazbeckham

Hi we said the same thing as Julie mentioning we was selling up and living with our Son in South of England so no chain on our part.

It was only when the house was sold totally and we had exchanged then we let our buyers know we were emigrating, they were perfectly understandable why we never said anything to them at first.

It really is none of the buyers business where you are going anyway.

We never even told the Estate Agents either in case they told perspective buyers that we were desperate to sell and they could try and knock the price down.

Best of luck with the house sale and anyone else in that position.

Best wishes

Caz

Guest benedict1
Hi

Any help appreciated.

Emma

We tell people that we are moving 'Down South' - not a lie!

:wink:

Guest YellowGecko

I wouldn't say anything about moving to australia either.

As soon as they know you are moving overseas, the massive discount signs will start flashing.

So far we've told prospective buyers that we already own a house to move to in Cornwall.

But we told the last family that viewed the house last week that we had a visa and explained that we had 5 years to make the move. Neither version has produced any offers.

With the current media frenzy of doom doom doom, I don't think it really makes any difference what you tell buyers, as people are going to expect huge discounts regardless of your circumstances.

The constant need by media organisations to fill news space and air time has really had an impact on peoples willingness to spend money.

Would some of the big retailers have gone down if the media hadn't been spreading the doom and gloom stories? Life goes on. The vast majority of people have not been affected and still get paid, but aren't spending.

We've dropped our price by £15K since we put the house up and we can drop by another £20K but we'll only do it as part of a negotiated sale.

We WILL sell and we WILL be in NSW soon. (that's my mantra at the moment lol)

Hi

Any help appreciated.

Emma

Hi,

We did tell the agents and our prospective buyers that we were in the process of emigrating but that we were nowhere near getting the visas. We played it cool and just said we had plenty time to get our price and that if we happened to get an acceptable offer in the meantime we would move into rented (which is exactly what we have done)

Saying that, we sold the house Aug 08 and i think we were really lucky to get rid coz the market has got even worse since then. It all depends on your circumstances and how far down the process you are - if you are getting near to hopefully going then i wouldnt tell them.

Because our buyers knew we were emigrating they wanted to buy quite a bit of our furniture which we werent taking with us so it paid us to tell them and it saved us having to sell it separately.

Hope it all goes well

Val xx

So far we've told prospective buyers that we already own a house to move to in Cornwall.

But we told the last family that viewed the house last week that we had a visa and explained that we had 5 years to make the move. Neither version has produced any offers.

With the current media frenzy of doom doom doom, I don't think it really makes any difference what you tell buyers, as people are going to expect huge discounts regardless of your circumstances.

The constant need by media organisations to fill news space and air time has really had an impact on peoples willingness to spend money.

Would some of the big retailers have gone down if the media hadn't been spreading the doom and gloom stories? Life goes on. The vast majority of people have not been affected and still get paid, but aren't spending.

We've dropped our price by £15K since we put the house up and we can drop by another £20K but we'll only do it as part of a negotiated sale.

We WILL sell and we WILL be in NSW soon. (that's my mantra at the moment lol)

good post sandgrounders, the media seem to thrive on doom and gloom and I for one have been trying to avoid listening to them.

My thoughts for what they are worth, I would not tell them you are moving abroad as this could invite silly offers, on the other hand a silly offer is better than no offer, isnt it!!andy

Archived