Visa Update ACT

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest JoanneHattersley

I originally started this in migration issues but thought that i`d put the same one in each state so that you can all see whose heading where and get advice from people heading to the same state as you!

SO:

Names:

Visa Type:

How far into process:

Job:

Where ya heading?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest michelle in Havant

Names: Michelle (35) Anthony (34), Amy (15) Olivia (3) and Hariett (1)

Visa Type: 176 State sponsored

How far into process: Visa granted 28/01/09

Job: Telecommunications Engineer (Anthony)

Where ya heading: Canberra

Guest ReadyPenny

Mandy (34) Sean (37) Amber (11)

Visa Granted in record time 10 weeks on 10.12.08

Adelaide at the end of Feb - Yippee

Names: Michelle (35) Anthony (34), Amy (15) Olivia (3) and Hariett (1)

Visa Type: 176 State sponsored

How far into process: Visa granted 28/01/09

Job: Telecommunications Engineer (Anthony)

Where ya heading: Canberra

Hi Michelle ,

I've just joined the forum, and can't help but notice the short time between your sponsorship being approved, and your visa granted . Just to be clear, 15 days between ACT approving sponsorship, and DIAC granting visa ?? That's amazing (considering that some people on here seem to be waiting years).

We're about to go down the same route, so I'm hoping ours goes through as quickly !

Guest michelle in Havant
Hi Michelle ,

I've just joined the forum, and can't help but notice the short time between your sponsorship being approved, and your visa granted . Just to be clear, 15 days between ACT approving sponsorship, and DIAC granting visa ?? That's amazing (considering that some people on here seem to be waiting years).

We're about to go down the same route, so I'm hoping ours goes through as quickly !

Hi Bosh

We originaly lodged a 175 at the beginning of April 2008. At the end of November we changed agents as the first one had made a mess of our application. Our new agent advised us to go for state sponsorship with ACT and change to state sponsored. Just as we were getting the paperwork together we got a co on the 9th December and submitted state sponsorship application to ACT on 12th December. Our agent explained to ACT that we already had a co and asked them if they could rush through the application - which they did, we received approval on 13th January, which considering they were closed over christmas was fast. Once we had received the approval from ACT our agent Cheryl Bird emailed a copy of the letter to our co (even though ACT sent it to the processing centre anyway!), and phoned to make sure they had it and then she made another phone call a few days before it was granted to see what was happening.

Sorry to waffle on, I suppose basically what I am trying to say is that our agent Cheryl Bird was excellent and pushed the whole thing along. We were lucky! I just wish we had used her from the start!

Good luck with your visa!

Let us know how you get on!

michelle x

Guest Sagarlgup

I ve applied for VE 176 in Aug 2008 & Sponsored by ACT.

I m waiting for CO allocation till the date.

Is there any requirement to give my TRN to the ACT Government who sponsored me ?

I never contacted them after getting sponsorship and lodging my Visa application.

My medical has been sent in Oct 2008

• 1 month later...
Guest smogmonster

Names: Howard (33), Sarah (33...but more importantly 2 months older than me, gives me plenty of ammunition...), William (9), Beatrice (18 months).

Visa Type: RSMS

How far into process: awaiting assessment of nursing qualifications from Tas Nursing Board, once sorted, have job at Hobart RHH ED, so can then lodge visa app.

Job: Nurses (both of us)

Where ya heading? Hobart

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Swonnicles

Hi,

New to all this forums and stuff, so if I have entered the wrong one - sorry!!

I am on a 457 visa and basically have been told by my employer that they will be terminating my contract. I have two weeks notice and the 28 days to find another job. I have started looking and stand a good chance of getting a job in Darwin but keeping hearing different things and that a pom may not like it up there. What do you think?

• 2 months later...
Guest smogmonster

Update - now (finally) have contract in hand from RHH, so hopefully can now get on with the visa application. Also need to finalise Sarahs Nurse Registration. Anyone know how long its taking for RSMS visas to be processed?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stelgray

Names: Stella (27) Graham (22)

Visa Type: 176 Sponsored

How far into process: vetassess 3/09, ACT SS 18/6/09, visa app sent 18/6/09

Job:Recreation Officer

Where ya heading? canberra

Thanks for the advice michelle, i am now going to pester my agent a bit more!

Any idea where the best place is to rent, there are so many suburbs how do you choose??

xx

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Names:Steven (30) Wendy (31)

Visa Type:176

How far into process: Poss. TRA, awaiting NT SS outcome then apply for 176 visa

Job: car-mechanic, Self employed car dealer

Where ya heading?Darwin

Hope to get a SS soon as we want to apply for 176 visa before Juli 2011!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Names:Steven (30) Wendy (31)

Visa Type:176

How far into process: Poss. TRA, awaiting NT SS outcome then apply for 176 visa

Job: car-mechanic, Self employed car dealer

Where ya heading?Darwin

Hope to get a SS soon as we want to apply for 176 visa before Juli 2011!!

YES!!! w've got our NT SS!!

W'll be applying for our 176 visa this week!:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi we have just got email from case worker wanting medicals and police checks

tra assessment sep 2010

apllied for ss (tasmania) 27th March 2011

granted ss 6th April 2011

Applied for sub clas visa175 13th May 2011

Case officer 28th May 2011

visa froms sent 13th May 2011

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

i had applied for a 176 ( GSM Sponsored category) in Dec 2009 and was told it might take years for it to be processed. i have no CO assigned and so a family friend told me about SMP and i contacted my Agent who said that My occupation 224999-Information and Org. Prof. nec is on the list in the limited category and i was asked to apply for it soon. so i am contemplating to apply but i have couple of questions :

1) I have 2 years and 9 months worth of recent work -full time experience but quit my job as i went back to uni to get a masters degree and took up a part time job in the mean time (so have 9 months worth of recent work-part time). will i still be able to make the 3 year eligibility criteria for SMP

2) i have just deposited the money into my bank account so i do not meet the 3 months bank statement criteria before lodgement. should be asking for a financial waiver even though i have the money required in the bank now.

My agent told me that the ACT- SMP list will change on Sept 1, so i am not sure what i should do..

Please help.

Pooja.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RuandShi

Hi all, We are new to the forum. Our trail of events were as follows.

ACT SS applied - Feb 2011

SS received - 18th Apr 2011

176 Visa lodged - 16th May 2011

CO assigned - 6th June 2011

Meds finalised - 29th July2011

PCC sent - 10th Aug 2011

Awaiting visa Grant..!!!:rolleyes::dull:

Archived