Visa Update SA

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest JoanneHattersley

I originally started this in migration issues but thought that i`d put the same one in each state so that you can all see whose heading where and get advice from people heading to the same state as you!

SO:

Names:

Visa Type:

How far into process:

Job:

Where ya heading?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Mel.R

Here is our time line:

Names: Jim and Mel (plus Charlie and Harry)

Visa Type: Currently 175 hoping to change to 176

How far into process:Submitted 25/07/08 ss to SA submitted 17/03/09

Job:Jim - Brickie Mel - Marketing and Business Development

Where ya heading? Somewhere is SA hopefully soon!!!!!

Mel

xx

Guest liz n crabbie

Hi all

visa applied for late December 08

state sponsorship (176) applied for late Feb 09

state sponsorship granted April 09

awaiting allocation of a CO

Anyone any idea how long the rest of the process might take once we have had medicals, police check etc?

Hopefully be in Adelaide Metro (ish) ASAP

Liz (nurse), Andy (Bricklayer), Meg (sixth form student)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Here is our time line:

Names: Jim and Mel (plus Charlie and Harry)

Visa Type: Currently 175 hoping to change to 176

How far into process:Submitted 25/07/08 ss to SA submitted 17/03/09

Job:Jim - Brickie Mel - Marketing and Business Development

Where ya heading? Somewhere is SA hopefully soon!!!!!

Mel

xx

Hi,

We are about to submit our Sa sponsorship but I am having trouble with finding contacts for the research part for brickie jobs, other tan job and recruitment website. Can you give me any advice or tips?

J

Guest Mel.R
Hi,

We are about to submit our Sa sponsorship but I am having trouble with finding contacts for the research part for brickie jobs, other tan job and recruitment website. Can you give me any advice or tips?

J

there are absolutely hundreds of construction / building firms in the oz yellow pages, loads of which have email / web address. This is what we used for our info.

Yellow Pages® local business directory - yellow.com.au

hope this helps and good luck!!

Mel

Guest darren alley

Hi Joanne and Mark.

we are new to poms in oz, but have been on poms in adelaide.

we are: Darren, Michele, Jake and Kieran

our visa type: 475

how far?: main visa app sent 20/4/09 (however our agent has just gone bump so we are in limbo as we have not been given any info of where we were up to)

job: printer

we're off to adelaide (hopefully)

keepin the faith.:smile:

darren.

Guest vixpinkbabe
We know what most of the abbreviations stand for, but we are new to all of this and don't know what c/o stands for...?

It means case officer xx

• 1 month later...
Guest salandgreg

hi all,

We are new to poms in Oz. myself, hubby and 3 yound children are going to Adelaide this time next year. We just have medicals to do (next week 24th july) and then thats it.

My hubby is going on a fact finding tour of Adelaide late september. Just wondered if anyone else is planning to go out at this time, as it would be great to meet up.:biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Dear Sir,

I am A Bachelor of Business Administration degree holder working as Director of sales, marketing and Distribution since 6 years. i have got my qualifications assessed positive by the Australian Institute of Management(AIM) as suitable.

P would like to HEAR FROM ANY POM regarding my experience as I dream towards migration to South Australia under the General skilled migration program. Already i hhave my application for VE 475 refused by the South Australia Immigrations due to IELTS on 15/06/2009. i got an overall band of 6.0 in my IELTS exam. And SA Immigrations stated that i did not request to be considered under the concessional english when i submitted my application. However, i have re submitted all documents, including academics, work experience, financial status together with a written letter asking for consideration under the concessional english as obtained in South Australia . But since over one month i despatched the new set of documents to SA Office i have not heard anything since 28 aug 2009 i remailed them. Any body with similar experience? How long am i to waitt further? Do i go for another Ielts and forget the concessional english application i submitted?

kennychina

Dear Sir,

I am A Bachelor of Business Administration degree holder working as Director of sales, marketing and Distribution since 6 years. i have got my qualifications assessed positive by the Australian Institute of Management(AIM) as suitable.

P would like to HEAR FROM ANY POM regarding my experience as I dream towards migration to South Australia under the General skilled migration program. Already i hhave my application for VE 475 refused by the South Australia Immigrations due to IELTS on 15/06/2009. i got an overall band of 6.0 in my IELTS exam. And SA Immigrations stated that i did not request to be considered under the concessional english when i submitted my application. However, i have re submitted all documents, including academics, work experience, financial status together with a written letter asking for consideration under the concessional english as obtained in South Australia . But since over one month i despatched the new set of documents to SA Office i have not heard anything since 28 aug 2009 i remailed them. Any body with similar experience? How long am i to waitt further? Do i go for another Ielts and forget the concessional english application i submitted?

kennychina

Hi there,

Try not to worry its only been a couple of days (28 august)

and s/a are normally quick to respond, give them another couple of days, i'm sure you will hear something soon,

Are you with an agent or are you doing it by yourself!

All the best!

Hi Joanne

Names: Duncan, Jackie, Owain, Melissa & Dylan

Visa Type: 475

How far into process: Visa granted April '09

Job: Sales/Marketing

Where ya heading? - Port Noarlunga as a start

• 1 month later...
Guest Andrew Family

Names: Dawn, Nick, Millie & Morgan

Visa Type: state sponsored visa

How far into process: Unfortunately unable to start until March 10 due to needing to finish qualification. :sad:

Job: Human Resources

Where ya heading? aiming for Adelaide

I am just hoping that any current or future visa changes will not delay our application once submitted. We would like to go in December 2010 but a lot of bridges to cross before we get to that point.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hi Kenney

I don't know if yo uhave heard anything since as your post was a while ago, but it says this on the SA website

"Q. Does South Australia participate in the Concessional English Program?

A. South Australia does not participate in the Concessional English Program. All applicants must meet the Sponsorship requirements for English, which may be higher than DIAC requirement."

• 3 months later...

Names: CAT & SAM

Visa Type: 309/100

How far into process: SUBMITTED APPLICATION 18.03.2011 TO AH

Job: BUYER

Where ya heading? GLENELG (HOPEFULLY)

Only submitted this week, not heard anything yet but any news will go though our agent.

Fingers crossed all goes well, application was front loaded with Police Checks and Medical all done Feb 2011.

Good luck everyone!!!

• 1 month later...
Names: CAT & SAM

Visa Type: 309/100

How far into process: SUBMITTED APPLICATION 18.03.2011 TO AH

Job: BUYER

Where ya heading? GLENELG (HOPEFULLY)

Only submitted this week, not heard anything yet but any news will go though our agent.

Fingers crossed all goes well, application was front loaded with Police Checks and Medical all done Feb 2011.

Good luck everyone!!!

Hiya, just to let you know there is a visa thread on poms in adelaide if you'd like to join

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/22826-sa-visa-lodged-waiting-thread.html

Cara x

Guest Belgiangirl

Hi, here's ours:

Names: Sandra,Wim and Matthias

Visa Type: Applying for a 176

How far into process: Skills assessment successful 28/04/2011, SA application submitted on 29/04/2011 hoping to receive positive feedback before 1st of July!

Job: Public Relations Professional

Where ya heading? Glenelg for the first two years, then perhaps Aldinga Beach!

Archived