Any recommendations for a good shipping company?

Guest MandyJayne

Guest MandyJayne

Hello all, i am in the process of packing up to move to Sydney in January from the UK. Can anyone recommend a good shipping company? I have found lots on the internet but am a little nervous to just randomly pick one to send all of my things with.

Thanks for any help!

Mandy

Hi , i have used crown twice and been more than happy with them , they dont always come out the cheapest but all costs are included at the uk end so you dont get a big bill when yor stuff arrives ,its also crown this side too so no sub-contractors. If you have a browse through the household section you should see a few posts about shippers ,some good ,some to avoid ,,

Good Luck with everything

Cal x

Guest tillybelle

DONT use Cadogan Tate !!!!!! Cost a fortune ( highest quote ) their packers are awful & really dont care what they pack ie: foods , logs , xmas decs etc .....we got hit by customs for a small fortune !!!! all they do is sub out at both ends and when asked about the mistakes their reply is " you should have watched every box being packed " ... I had 400 boxes with 8 packers all in different rooms .... My advise is dont always go for the dearest because this dosent actually mean they are the best ...good luck with the move

Tillybelle x

Mandy

There is another post going about Excess International, we have just had them out to pack our stuff today, they were super.

best of luck

Michelle

hi ive just had a quote from john mason, and excess international shippers, we have pss next week, to be fair i dont think there is that much on the prices , but up to now were thinking excess, a couple of people have got to me re this on another thread , any one used excess! all the best.

We have recently used PSS and they were excellent. Very professional from the start - the container was packed onsite and sealed for shipment. Awaiting arrival just prior to Christmas, and have been contacted by the company in Australia to say that they are ready and waiting for the containers arrival. So far, so good. The price was not the cheapest but their service has been worth the extra pennies.

Guest slipshot

We have just decided on our plan and chosen PSS as well after some negotiation with a few to bring the price down. In the end we got PSS down by about £400 so not much more than the cheapest.

The other one we were considering - I asked them to look at their quote and see what they could do to lower it - the chap came back and said he'd been misquoted and it was actually going to nearly £1,000 more. I said forget it - and he said he could knock £500 off that anyway, so we're at the £6.5k mark. When PSS are just over £6k.

Sorry chap, says me - but what would have happened if I had appointed you and then you;d have realised? Oh he says we requote, and would have then advised you of the correct price to which I told him I'd have been even more pissed off as they would have been given the business on a situation that was not correct. Needless to say they did not get the business...

Guest Gollywobbler
We have recently used PSS and they were excellent. Very professional from the start - the container was packed onsite and sealed for shipment. Awaiting arrival just prior to Christmas, and have been contacted by the company in Australia to say that they are ready and waiting for the containers arrival. So far, so good. The price was not the cheapest but their service has been worth the extra pennies.

Hello Mrsmac

Are you moving to Australia, then? Whereabouts to? You have never mentioned moving before so I am curious.

Best wishes

Gill :emoticon-signxmas:

Has anybody used TransworldGB.com? found them through a post on here and they sound good on the phone. Any info would be great.

xx Shell xx

Archived