Do you need somewhere to stay jan/feb

nurse sue

Hi we are going back to Uk 13 jan for 4 weeks and know what it was like trying to find somewhere to stay short term. so we are making our home available if you need a quick stop till you find more permanent place. our car may also be negotiable. we live in Kingston south Brisbane 2 rail way stations locally good bus services easy access to pacific highway approx 20 mins to brisbane dependant on traffic. also 20 mins wet wild/dreamworld theme parks 30 mins gold coast and easy access to sunshine coast

3 bed room unit air con down stairs ceiling /portable fans

pool on complex

woolworths coles aldi shopping near by.

thanks for taking time to read this

:emoticon-signxmas: sue

Guest The Pom Queen

What a great idea Sue, remember to check your insurance though, we have had people advertise their properties whilst they went overseas for a few months but the insurance companies say they have to pay extra, some even ask you to change to a landlord insurance.

Have a wonderful holiday. How long is it since you were last home?

What a great idea Sue, remember to check your insurance though, we have had people advertise their properties whilst they went overseas for a few months but the insurance companies say they have to pay extra, some even ask you to change to a landlord insurance.

Have a wonderful holiday. How long is it since you were last home?

Thank you for the info just thought if we could help someone we have previously done house swaps to australia. we are going back as its my eldest (he stayed in uk) 21st birthday so wanted to be there to celebrate. Have only been away since April but our middle son 18 at christmas so both important milestones.

Hi Sue

What a great idea of the house swap, no good for us though, still early days for us.

Just wanted to say have a great time back here in the UK for your son's 21st. Does he know you are coming back or are you going to surprise him.

Just wondered how you are coping without him with you, as we are in the same position that my 22yr old daughter isnt coming with us, cant bear to think about the day I leave her here but we have to live the dream for my other 3 younger children.

How do you get through the day, have you managed to settle quite well but I suppose there are lots of phone calls and msn conversations.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Debbie

xxx

Guest The Pom Queen
Thank you for the info just thought if we could help someone we have previously done house swaps to australia. we are going back as its my eldest (he stayed in uk) 21st birthday so wanted to be there to celebrate. Have only been away since April but our middle son 18 at christmas so both important milestones.

That's wonderful and probably the best birthday present he will get. It must have been hard for you but, one day, I bet he will visit and then probably love it so much he will want to stay.:wubclub:

Hi Sue

What a great idea of the house swap, no good for us though, still early days for us.

Just wanted to say have a great time back here in the UK for your son's 21st. Does he know you are coming back or are you going to surprise him.

Just wondered how you are coping without him with you, as we are in the same position that my 22yr old daughter isnt coming with us, cant bear to think about the day I leave her here but we have to live the dream for my other 3 younger children.

How do you get through the day, have you managed to settle quite well but I suppose there are lots of phone calls and msn conversations.

Look forward to hearing from you.

thanks debbie

yes it was difficult leaving 1 behind but they have to let go of the life belt at some point he chats lots to his brother who is 18 at christmas on msn we hada bit of a breaking in period as he went off to uni but still doesnt prepare you but each day is better.

He is on my visa so can come for his uni holidays think he is olanning a friends tour and im the hotel

best wishes with all yr plans

Guest jenny4nails

That would have been fan-dabby-dozy Sue, would have been just what we are looking for...if it was in March/April...boo hoo! We'll be flying into Brisbane March time.

Have a fantastic trip though...and if you know of anyone else that's going away for 4 weeks in March/April....let me know! ha ha.

Great idea...and will be a great help to someone.

Jenny

That would have been fan-dabby-dozy Sue, would have been just what we are looking for...if it was in March/April...boo hoo! We'll be flying into Brisbane March time.

Have a fantastic trip though...and if you know of anyone else that's going away for 4 weeks in March/April....let me know! ha ha.

Great idea...and will be a great help to someone.

Jenny

Thank you jenny will keep you in mind if anything comes up what do you or OH do and where you planning to settle

:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest jenny4nails
Thank you jenny will keep you in mind if anything comes up what do you or OH do and where you planning to settle

:emoticon-signxmas:

Sent you a PM Sue

Jenny x

Guest spadgersdad

Excellent idea Sue as short term rentals are difficult to come by, will be lovely to spend time with your son as we know how it feels. Our daughter stayed in the UK and it is very difficult especially birthdays, Christmas etc hope you have a lovely time.

Guest ozraider

Hi there, my wife and I are taking the plunge next year and moving permanantly as it's the best thing for or boys (both under two). We are planning a more detailed visit of the upper east coast, so this sounds like it needs more thought! What are the costs etc etc.

Guest fruitcakechic

Hi Sue, I arrive with oh and 13 yr old son 1st Jan. We are staying at gold coast for 2 weeks until we find somewhere to rent. I have a job at Royal Brisbane, not sure if I've read your message right sounds too good to be true!!!Could you email me with details, would really appreciate any help...

Myra, (fruitcake-95@hotmail.com) thanks.

Archived