which suburb

Guest lynn/andy

Caloundra is very popular if your looking sunshine coast way and would probably tick all your requirement boxes.

Gold Coast side id suggest having a look at Ormerau, pacific pines and the commera area.

Brisbane have a look at wynnum and manly.

It is so hard to choose a suburb without actually seeing the areas first, they look so different on the internet.Just remember with older children there is so much more to do on the Gold Coast with all the theme parks on your doorstep.

Good luck

Cal x

Guest HappyBunny

Hi, I agree with Cal it is very difficult to choose an area without being here. Lots of places look great on the internet but the reality is different. The most important point to consider is where you are going to be working, followed by whether you will both have access to a car.

Personally I wouldn't choose Narangba and whilst North Lakes is popular with a lot of people it wasn't for us. I would say it is the better of the 2 but you will need a car to get the kids to school from most parts of the suburbs ditto shopping and whilst I've heard the private school is excellent I've heard mixed reactions about the state schools.

Like Cal said Sunshine Coast is lovely but too far if you need to commute to Brisbane. We live in Ormeau which like most areas round here is accessible to both Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Hope this helps. x

Hi

I've been here a couple of months now. I can maybe help you, I have the low down on all north suburbs from ussies to brits. Where will u be working?? as traffic is the pits!!

Apparently if you love brits only, North Lakes it is, it's just miles and miles of houses with good school. not far from redcliffe, its nice all the way down, sandgate, woody point, scarborough, margate all streets away from the beach.

What do you mean by too quiet, as the whole bloody place is quiet!! unless you move nearer to city. If lookign for a local to stroll to, you can forget it unless you pick a place on the coast.

PM me or let me know some more and I'll pm you.

cheers

jules

Hi

I've been here a couple of months now. I can maybe help you, I have the low down on all north suburbs from ussies to brits. Where will u be working?? as traffic is the pits!!

Apparently if you love brits only, North Lakes it is, it's just miles and miles of houses with good school. not far from redcliffe, its nice all the way down, sandgate, woody point, scarborough, margate all streets away from the beach.

What do you mean by too quiet, as the whole bloody place is quiet!! unless you move nearer to city. If lookign for a local to stroll to, you can forget it unless you pick a place on the coast.

PM me or let me know some more and I'll pm you.

cheers

jules

Jules,

I agree with most of what you say but think you are being a bit unfair to North Lakes! Plenty of Brits but certainly not all, & more here than just houses. You could do a lot worse. :winkxmas:

Archived