Australian bank account

Guest *KAY TEE*

Guest *KAY TEE*

Hi Guys, :confused:

Sorry if this sounds obv. But how do you open a bank account from the uk. Dont you need to prove your id. etc. I have only heard of Westpac bank, are they any good? Cheers. xx

Hi

we have just opened one with HSBC, they are the only ones we could find with a Uk branch close to us. We just went in with our passport and another ID, they then email forms which you take back again with ID and a few weeks later we have our OZ bank cards, account and cheque book. I think it cost us about 100 pounds to open it. We also chose HSBC as we want to be able to have sterling paid into it.

regards

Michelle,

Guest *KAY TEE*

Ah thanks guys for replying that has helped, I think it has sunken in now. So is the HSBC a, how can I put it, a dual bank account, can you use it here and in Oz. Thanks again guys Ang x

Guest The Pom Queen

Ang

Try these links:

ANZ - http://www.anz.com/aus/promo/internresaccount you can apply for an account on here, you can deposit funds but cannot withdraw till they have confirmed your identity once your in Australia.

NAB - http://www.nab.com.au/Personal_Finance/0,,84838,00.html

Westpac - http://www.westpac.com.au/internet/publish.nsf/Content/PBIT+Migrant+banking

Guest *KAY TEE*
Ang

Try these links:

ANZ - http://www.anz.com/aus/promo/internresaccount you can apply for an account on here, you can deposit funds but cannot withdraw till they have confirmed your identity once your in Australia.

NAB - http://www.nab.com.au/Personal_Finance/0,,84838,00.html

Westpac - http://www.westpac.com.au/internet/publish.nsf/Content/PBIT+Migrant+banking

Hi M2M,

Im so happy when you reply to a post, I know there will be sound advice there. Cheers for that I will take a look at those now. Ang xx

Guest SHEENA AND ADE

Hi we opened an account with the Commonwealth bank in London. They automatically transfer your money to your Aussie account. The London account stays open for two years. You also have to verify who you are when you arrive and your cards are issued. We found them to be extremely helpful. Unusual i know but true.:yes:

Hi, we opened a NAB migrant banking account in the UK before we moved over. When we arrived we went to Berwick branch with passport and driving license and that was it. The guys in the NAB were very helpfull set up the accounts and sorted debit visa cards for us and online banking. Very happy with them.

Sarah

Ah thanks guys for replying that has helped, I think it has sunken in now. So is the HSBC a, how can I put it, a dual bank account, can you use it here and in Oz. Thanks again guys Ang x

Ang

It gives us a UK account and an Oz one. You can transfer money via the internet, you just make an international payment. Just note though, they do charge you for this each time you do it, but I figure that any bank will charge for that service.

Michelle

Guest *KAY TEE*
Ang

It gives us a UK account and an Oz one. You can transfer money via the internet, you just make an international payment. Just note though, they do charge you for this each time you do it, but I figure that any bank will charge for that service.

Michelle

:unsure:

Hi Sarah Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the info. Im going to have to get myself into gear with regards to this banking stuff. Are there a lot of HSBC banks in Melbourne, I like the idea of knowing a bank from home, but I also like the idea of the NAB being close to where Ill be living in Berwick, decisions, decisions..lifes choices...lol... Thanks girls I will have a look at these two and see which one will work best for me. Ang x

Guest *KAY TEE*
Ang

there are 5 in Melbourne Branch Locations | HSBC Australia

Thinking about it, did you say you leave in 3 weeks? I'm sure it took us about 10 days to sort out then wait for the cards etc to come in the post.

best of luck

Michelle

Hi Gary, thats brill, thanks so much for taking the time to get this info. to us I have noticed there is one in Glen Waverley which isnt too far from our new address. We leave in just under three weeks so Ill have to get a move on..lol Iv left everything till the last minute again. Cheers Ang x

Hi Kay Tee!

We have just opened an australian bank account with HSBC here in England. One of their advisors will help you. We had to fill in application forms and get copies of our passports for I.D but it was quite and easy process - our Australian bank account is in Melbourne though - depends if there is a branch of HSBC where you are heading.

Guest *KAY TEE*
Hi Kay Tee!

We have just opened an australian bank account with HSBC here in England. One of their advisors will help you. We had to fill in application forms and get copies of our passports for I.D but it was quite and easy process - our Australian bank account is in Melbourne though - depends if there is a branch of HSBC where you are heading.

Im going to the bank on Thursday, and I think I will try the HSBC, thanks for the reply hun, really appreciated. Ang x

I onened mine with ANZ downloaded the forms online nominated a branch and then posted the stuff off, you can deposit fund but not withdraw until you have gone over there and activated the account.

Have full online banking with then really easy, would recommend them also paying 6.5% interet at the moment on savings.

Archived