Hoping to move to OZ very soon

Guest angelev

Guest angelev

Hi everyone.

Well I have just found this forum and I have got to say it is fantastic, I have been browsing it for about the last hour and it really does give you a good insight into moving to Australia.

I am still in the UK at the moment but am currently applying for jobs in Adelaide as a veterinary nurse.

As my job isn't listed on the skilled list my only way to get into Oz (i think) is through a working sponsorship visa (as I am over 30 :embarrassed:) so I am applying like mad for jobs so that myself, my husband and son can move to OZ.

It has always been an ambition of mine to one day emigrate and I have now started to get the ball rolling so heres hoping :smile:

Emma x

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Congratulations on making the big decision, be aware this site is sooo addictive i should be getting ready for work.

Anyway welcome to POI.!

Hi Emma. Just wanted to say Hi and wish you good luck with your plans. We have been in Adelaide since 1990 and never once regretted coming here. We love it here. My step-daughter and partner arrive on 22nd Nov and my brother arrives 15th Dec - all to live in Adelaide. Try hopping over to pomsinadelaide.com as well as this site, they are both wonderful but I'm sure you'll get lots of Adelaide related help and advice. Karen.

Hi Emma, welcome to PIO.

I agree it is additive on here but the website is just bursting with information, opinions and advice!

Good luck with your plans for Adelaide. We've heard it's a lovely place.

Tracey

Guest angelev

Many thanks for all your replies and for making me feel welcome to this forum. I'm sure I am going to find this forum very useful and I will keep you all updated with my job hunting :smile:

Hi Emma,

Would just like to welcome you all to this site! From reading your post i see you think the only option is to be sponsored by a company? You MIGHT also be able to be sponsored by the state so you are not tied to working for the one job. Have a look on the Adelaide state website as all the states have their own demand list, so they could sponsor you and your family which i think will give you an extra 10 points.

Hope this makes sense?

Hannah & Steve

Guest angelev
Hi Emma,

Would just like to welcome you all to this site! From reading your post i see you think the only option is to be sponsored by a company? You MIGHT also be able to be sponsored by the state so you are not tied to working for the one job. Have a look on the Adelaide state website as all the states have their own demand list, so they could sponsor you and your family which i think will give you an extra 10 points.

Hope this makes sense?

Hannah & Steve

Hi Hannah.

I didn't know anything about being sponsored be the state and I though I had done my homework!!

As neither myself or my husbands jobs are listed on the skilled migrations list and we don't have close family in Australia I thought the only visa I would be eligible for would be the working sposorship Visa which I know it does tie you to that one job but I will certainly look into the state sposorship. If you have any more info on this I would be very greatful.

Emma x

• 7 years later...
Hi everyone.

Well I have just found this forum and I have got to say it is fantastic, I have been browsing it for about the last hour and it really does give you a good insight into moving to Australia.

I am still in the UK at the moment but am currently applying for jobs in Adelaide as a veterinary nurse.

As my job isn't listed on the skilled list my only way to get into Oz (i think) is through a working sponsorship visa (as I am over 30 :embarrassed:) so I am applying like mad for jobs so that myself, my husband and son can move to OZ.

It has always been an ambition of mine to one day emigrate and I have now started to get the ball rolling so heres hoping :smile:

Emma x

Welcome and good luck with your plans xx Hills in Wales

Archived