no where to live!!!

debbie.rn

hi all

well we finally got here...love it...the only problem is that i cant get a rental for love nor money

i am sooooo stressed out. we have to leave the holiday let in 3 weeks with no where to go

has anyone got or know of a 4x2 in waikiki/warnbro/safety bay/port kennedy or cooloongup that woould also take a dog!!!!

heres hoping

debbie

hi all

well we finally got here...love it...the only problem is that i cant get a rental for love nor money

i am sooooo stressed out. we have to leave the holiday let in 3 weeks with no where to go

has anyone got or know of a 4x2 in waikiki/warnbro/safety bay/port kennedy or cooloongup that woould also take a dog!!!!

heres hoping

debbie

Have you tried realestate.com must be some on there welcome to sunny rotherham I mean perth

Mally

hi you guys

weare in warnbro at the moment. my hospital is in cooloongup...the kids are not in school coz i dont know where i will be living and OH doesnt drive...gggrrrrrrr

the real estate agents dont give a t*ss. they have SO MANY people fighting for the rentals that they dont have to do anything and they just arent interested.

they wont let us look at houses until there is at least 6 other people looking and then LOADS more turn up!!!

it makes no difference if it is the bottom or top end of the market we have looked at everything between 250 and 400 pw

then u apply and wait to be rejected..it is so dishearntning.

we cant buy coz we dont have enough time and we cantt rent

still the weather is brightning up we could always sleep on the beach

debbie

Guest itskaren
hi you guys

weare in warnbro at the moment. my hospital is in cooloongup...the kids are not in school coz i dont know where i will be living and OH doesnt drive...gggrrrrrrr

the real estate agents dont give a t*ss. they have SO MANY people fighting for the rentals that they dont have to do anything and they just arent interested.

they wont let us look at houses until there is at least 6 other people looking and then LOADS more turn up!!!

it makes no difference if it is the bottom or top end of the market we have looked at everything between 250 and 400 pw

debbie

Hi I know how you feel! We have been in Melbourne for nearly a year now. We had difficulity in renting. Over 30 people looked at the house we are in now. Nothing special at all. Just very basic. There was a sort of 'rent auction' taking place highest bidder wins! We offered to pay 6 months in advance and to pay additional rent! It's crazy. I hope it works out for you.

hi you guys

debbie

Sorry to hear that plenty up north I think, we had no probs when the landlord flogged the house

Mally

hi you guys

debbie

it would help if people would site down before they go & plan there stay as if they were starting a buisness it would cause less problems.

Guest guest17301
it would help if people would site down before they go & plan there stay as if they were starting a buisness it would cause less problems.

What a very unhelpful post. I take it you are in Oz then Kirk and it's all plain sailing for you because you planned it so well? If not I hope you don't have any teething troubles yourself, if you do I suggest you don't post on here because you won't get much sympathy.

Debbie, keep looking and keep your chin up, you'll find somethng I'm sure. It's par for the course according to lots who have done it already so I've heard. Have you got refs and a ref from your short term landlord? Loads of holiday lets/hotels out there so if you don't find something sure you could extend or find somewhere else pretty easily. It's just hassle/expense you don't need isn't it? I have a few contacts SOR so Pm me if you're still struggling.

And for the record Kirk, you will find it extremely difficult securing a long term let till you are actually in Australia, plenty have tried.

hi you guys

debbie

Debbie I`ve sent you a pm, just try and hang in there - keep going to the home opens and filling out the forms - try and get a rapport going with the agents, if they like you it can make it easier. If you need a natter give me a shout - Im just down the road.

What a very unhelpful post. I take it you are in Oz then Kirk and it's all plain sailing for you because you planned it so well? If not I hope you don't have any teething troubles yourself, if you do I suggest you don't post on here because you won't get much sympathy.

Debbie, keep looking and keep your chin up, you'll find somethng I'm sure. It's par for the course according to lots who have done it already so I've heard. Have you got refs and a ref from your short term landlord? Loads of holiday lets/hotels out there so if you don't find something sure you could extend or find somewhere else pretty easily. It's just hassle/expense you don't need isn't it? I have a few contacts SOR so Pm me if you're still struggling.

And for the record Kirk, you will find it extremely difficult securing a long term let till you are actually in Australia, plenty have tried.

Sorry it upsets you to hear the truth as at the moment this is not sitting well with some & by the way I have all sorts of problems but I beleive in sorting them out before I have no other option than to burie my head in the sand & hope they go away. I do hope things work out for you fiona & we can stay friends but sometimes truth herts & I am not posting to be unhelpfull just looking how it really is.

Guest guest17301

Sorry Kirk but your posts come over as if you are insulting peoples intelligence. Everyone knows it's a rough ride and most plan,plan,plan then plan some more. It's all you do before the move. My every waking hour is spent organising and planning! Some things just can't be planned for thats all.

Sorry it upsets you to hear the truth as at the moment this is not sitting well with some & by the way I have all sorts of problems but I beleive in sorting them out before I have no other option than to burie my head in the sand & hope they go away. I do hope things work out for you fiona & we can stay friends but sometimes truth herts & I am not posting to be unhelpfull just looking how it really is.

Im sorry Kirk but I think you are being a wee bit unfair - how do you know what Debbie (the originator of this thread)has or hasn`t done to try and get a rental - she merely posted on here asking for a bit of help or advice - I don`t see how that is burying her head. I also don`t think don`t think Fiona was the one asking any questions??

Sorry Kirk but your posts come over as if you are insulting peoples intelligence. Everyone knows it's a rough ride and most plan,plan,plan then plan some more. It's all you do before the move. My every waking hour is spent organising and planning! Some things just can't be planned for thats all.

My problem is a bloke thing get to the point as quickly as you can & I know more thought should go into it but somtimes been blunt & to the point helps to.

Guest prettyinpink

OK folks, handbags away before someone gets hurt lol.

Debbie, we had a problem getting a rental initially and were on the verge of accepting a sh##e hole. I used to trawl realestate.com every morning and arrange to go to the opens, very disheartening when thee are 20 people looking as well as you.

However, one came up and the agent showed us round while the tenants were moving out. We got it - the agent said she's rather get it leased without having to arrange an open.

It's helpful to get a rapport with the agents and just keep at it everyday, looking for that elusive house. Perhaps you could widen your search, if you're looking coastal then maybe try further inland and there is huge demand for coastal - it's where all the Brits really want to live :-)

I know what it's like to hear "your application wasn't successful this time" but just keep at it and don't lose hope.

Yes you have to do your plan but tell me how can you view a property from the uk, when you have to physically be there at the viewings and fill in the necessary criteria. Thats the way the game is played here

Mally

Hi I was in the same boat although I got my rental in Secret Harbour relatively quickly after a week have you thought of trying here Madora Bay Meadow Springs or Silver sands as well- we finally got ours through going through the local papers and ringing up -the estate agents we initially went to were a bit poor (one was particularly bad and showed us complete ****e as though it was a palace) but once you fill in an application and they see your job they come round as they know you will be reliable-we had to agree to pay three months in advance and then our first weeks rent on top. honestly they like us immigrants so dont be disheartened- a week seems like a year here at first you are doing well and will get there xxxx

Yes you have to do your plan but tell me how can you view a property from the uk, when you have to physically be there at the viewings and fill in the necessary criteria. Thats the way the game is played here

Mally

You have to have a relation there (this will only help some) I have my brother inlaw & have to trust his judgement. He takes out the rental in his name but being up front by showing all my details so that the tenence if agreeable can be transferd on me entering oz. I found this out through a letting agence in oz when on hloiday last year.

You have to have a relation there (this will only help some) I have my brother inlaw & have to trust his judgement. He takes out the rental in his name but being up front by showing all my details so that the tenence if agreeable can be transferd on me entering oz. I found this out through a letting agence in oz when on hloiday last year.

I think it depends on agencys, some are more stricter than others

Guest homeiown.com
hi all

heres hoping

debbie

Hi Debbie,

Any news about your search? I just remembered that last time we had to rent with a dog we offered to pay a special bond for the dog, $300 - that helped us to secure a house.

The search is such a hassle but you always find something in the end, that's for sure, so cheer up and good luck!

Chris

We took a flyer and rented b4 we came out here, the place is good, and we are still in it 10 months later. Guess we were lucky, could have ended up with a sh1thole, We did not have a dog and offered 3 months in advance, and they accepted. We had the carpets changed and new garage doors and cooker hob. The seem happy enough with you as long as you pay rent on time and keep it reasonabley tidy.

hi all

well we have got a lovely rental sorted now! it really does seem like the end of the world at the time. it was a case of who you know though so we feel pretty lucky.

we had to pay 6 months in advance but at least we know the rent is paid..lol

kirk and co...i wish you all the best in your rental search.

i am off furniture shopping now.

debbie

Archived