Ascot Races 1st Jan 09

emmaj

Ive read in a guide book that the races on the 1st Jan at Ascot just outside Perth is one of the best meets of the year.

Does anyone know where you can buy tickets from for this? Ive tried to search the net but i cant find much detail about it at all, it may be too early?

Any info would be great - Thanks

Emma

x

Guest BullcreekBob

Yup, going to the Perth Cup and having a few glasses of bubbly can be a pretty good way of getting over the hangover from the night before.

If you're as silly as me, you can also run the NYE party into the races so you don't have a hangover while shouting at the horses. This approach does make the hangover worse the following day.

You don't need to buy tickets beforehand, it's never been sold out. But there are a number of fashionable hospitality tents that do sell out. You will see adverts for tickets during December. Some can be quite steep, $300 or more per head but that usually includes plenty of Fench bubbles and some good cans of peas.

It is definately a day to wear the party frock and a big hat even if you are a bloke. A chance to be seen and to see the wannabee celebrities and society ladies.

Yup, going to the Perth Cup and having a few glasses of bubbly can be a pretty good way of getting over the hangover from the night before.

If you're as silly as me, you can also run the NYE party into the races so you don't have a hangover while shouting at the horses. This approach does make the hangover worse the following day.

You don't need to buy tickets beforehand, it's never been sold out. But there are a number of fashionable hospitality tents that do sell out. You will see adverts for tickets during December. Some can be quite steep, $300 or more per head but that usually includes plenty of Fench bubbles and some good cans of peas.

It is definately a day to wear the party frock and a big hat even if you are a bloke. A chance to be seen and to see the wannabee celebrities and society ladies.

Oh this sounds wonderful! I really want to go it would be such an experience!

Would i look out of place without a hat as i dont have room to pack one although i could go shopping whilst in Perth. Also, what is the dress code for men? Full suit and ties? Tux? Are you able to take a picnic maybe with your own bubbles? Are there places you can have a picnic? Just an idea if i cant get tickets to a 'tent'.

Many thanks

Emma

x

Guest BullcreekBob
Also, what is the dress code for men? Full suit and ties? Tux? Are you able to take a picnic maybe with your own bubbles? Are there places you can have a picnic? Just an idea if i cant get tickets to a 'tent'.

For most Aussie Men, formal means wearing clean undies. At the Perth Cup you'll get as many blokes wearing suit and tie as there are men in board shorts and tee shirt. Most will be a polo shirt or work shirt, no tie (to damn hot) and jeans.

There are some pics from last years Perth Cup here Perth Cup 2007 | PerthNow

I like the one of the bloke with thongs, board shorts, shirt, tie and jacket - Now that's not only formal, that's class !!

More photos here Perth Social Club - Photo Gallery

HTH

Bob

Archived