Oz put on the back burner!

Guest leeob77

Guest leeob77

well with the state of the housing market at the moment and no sign of things changing for a while we have decided to stay put for the next year or so and put our Oz dream on hold.

still going at christmas but only to validate instead of the permanant move we had planned for.

hopefully things may have picked up towards the end of 2009 into 2010 and we will get back on with moving.

anyone else doing the same?

cheers

lee.

Hi Lee

We haven't even got our visa yet, but i have wondered what we will do when it is granted, as we are in no position even to do a validation trip, with the six of us, we were hoping to be in a position where the house would be sold and we could do a one way trip. I'm sure this credit crunch is going to have the same effect on alot of people. I sometimes feel like my dream is coming to an end, but then i try to stay positive.

All the best for your validation trip

Tania X

Guest Wenders

Fortunately for us we have no house to sell but we have considered doing the same if push comes to shove, what with everything increasing in price we havent managed to save as much as we hoped. we aren't looking to go until this time next year so maybe things will have improved by then.......Heres hoping!!

Well we were going to sell our house around 6 months ago, 227k the agent quoted us then, but we were waiting on the visa and I said hang on to the hubby be secure we have the visa first, put it up 4sale 2 months ago as the visa arrived, 222k its been 2 months now and not 1 single person has viewed it!! Our dream was take our money and restart with 80/90k, we have had to choose stay here wasting another year away or gamble by rentig the house and taking 10k savings + car sale money, the dream was a nice big house and a nice car, the reality now is a rented home and an old banger until the hubby gets a job. I did say to my husband last night our dream has turned into a nightmare, we are gambling our livelyhood, but I suppose you only live once dont you! Scary though, Even looked to remotgage the house for extra cash but we have to pay these fees they have introduced. I am sure it will work out but not quite the dream we hoped for. Maybe in 2 years the house will have sold and we can start living as it should have been?

Guest earlswood
Fortunately for us we have no house to sell but we have considered doing the same if push comes to shove, what with everything increasing in price we havent managed to save as much as we hoped. we aren't looking to go until this time next year so maybe things will have improved by then.......Heres hoping!!

That is the perfect place to be....house prices are dropping over here and by the time you get here they should be a realistic price, others will just after hang on as I am sure this global downturn cannot last for more than a couple of years.

Archived