port macquarie

Guest the stanleys

Guest the stanleys

Hi there

If all goes to plan we hope to be going to Port Macquarie next year. We were wondering if anyone knows the area and can advise us on good places to live? We have never been so all advice is greatly received

Thanks Karen, Stan, Robert, Adam and Benjamin xxxxxx

Hi The Stanleys,

We are moving there in Oct 08 (very soon). We went there last year, and yes it seems a great place to live. The house prices seemed OK. It is now as a place where people retire to but it wasn't full of fossils when we went! It has all the things you would expect in a town including an airport (Port to Sydney 45 Mins). It is about 4.5 hrs north of Sydney by road and around 5.5 hrs south of Brisbane by road. As for areas to live, at this point I can't really help, that is something I will be trying to find out myself when we get there.

My only concern is whether or not I will be able to get continuity of work there as a Carpenter. So that is something you really need to look into because unless you win the Euro Millions tonight it may be an issue.

Feel free to PM me.

Cheers

The oldgit.

Guest the stanleys

Thanks for that and good luck for your move. Its nice to know we are not the only ones heading out that way. As for jobs I am hoping I will be ok as I am a nurse, there are jobs going in the local hospital and I hope to sort something out prior to arriving. It would be great to hear how you get on any top tips would be greatly received!!!! We like the look of Bonny Hills and Lake Cathie from research on the net but hope to get a feel for a place once we finally arrive.

Good Luck, The Stanleys

Archived