Attention all Junior Members

ali

Hi Guys, I hope you're all having a great time on PIO. There's quite a lot of new features now with the friendship stuff and chicken clickin' so I thought it was perhaps a good time to ask you to think about internet safety.

• Remember you don't know who you're talking to on the internet
  • Don't give out your home address, phone number etc., unless you've o.k'd it with your mum and dad
  • If you get any messages - either by pm or on your visitors page tell/show your mum or dad and press the report post symbol under the post. This sends a message to the moderators and we can check it out for you.

Stay Safe and Have Fun

Ali

• 2 months later...
Guest kevinboomer

Hi Ali!!!

Just wanted to thankyou for keeping an eye on my daughters messages recently, you kindly deleted alot of personal info which she had typed (unaware obviously, being innocent!!) But was really nice to know you were looking out for her and will educate her on this recent post of yours too!!

Many thanks again!!!

Lisa xxx

If you go on user cp there is a menu on the left - you can click contacts and friends - you have a visitors page where people can leave messages and also you can invite people to be your friends.

There is a little yellow icon (looks like a chicken) under your username details on the forum - people click this (known as clickin yr chick) if they like what you're written and your get more green and then pink bars under your name.

Ali

Guest Angie*mark

Thanks Ali for that post i'll get Melissa to have a read......im always worried when she goes on the internet good to know they are looked after when they come on here.

Angie xx

can anyone help

I am stepmum to a 17 year old girl and we have just told her that I have an interview on thursday for a job in Brisbane. Initially way back in the summer she said she was keen to move. However now that it is a reality and not something we just talk about she is very upset and now does not want to go. is there anyone who is about her age and already out in oz who can talk to her about what it's like to move half way around the world and leave friends, family etc. I would really apprecitate it if anyone could help with this dilemma, I really dont want to go against her wishes but deep down know she would benifit from this move.

Many thanks

Lynne

• 3 months later...

Hi Ali,

i joined PIO last may08 and forgot my password since then literally so today i renewed it ..

so i havent been on it for nearly a year now and ive forgotten how to do everything!

could you send me a mail or something on how to make new threads? ive completely forgotten.

Thankyou

Emmy.x

hi Emmmy and welcome back - how are things?

in the orange tool bar at the top click on forums. you'll then get a list of all the forums. Click on the one you want and at the top there's an orange button (the same size as the post reply button) that says New Thread. click on that and you can post a new topic on the fourum you want.

Ali x

hi Emmmy and welcome back - how are things?

in the orange tool bar at the top click on forums. you'll then get a list of all the forums. Click on the one you want and at the top there's an orange button (the same size as the post reply button) that says New Thread. click on that and you can post a new topic on the fourum you want.

Ali x

thanks for your quick reply ali :D

things are going good, looking hopeful moving to aus :D

thanks for your help! i'l have a go now.

Emmy.x

• 10 months later...

Really good advice. I am always aware of what I am doing after being taught a lot of stories about children giving out personal info.

Thanks

James

• 6 months later...
Guest BieberS

Im Really Excited Bout Moving Well Im Not Really Sure Yet Thats >>> If Im Moving !!! Im So Happy .... Waitiing For Visas To Hopefully Come Through Positive !!!! Woop Maybe Nxt Month We Might No @!!!!!!!!!hhhhhh

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest Brissydeb
Hi there :)

So what counts as a junior member?? I've just turned 18 (Jan), but my profile still says junior? Not that it probably matters :)

Thanks

Hi Dan, can I just ask u about life in Perth for lads your age as my son (just 18 last week) has now turned round and siad he doesnt want to come and our flights are booked for October. Were in Perth are u? Do u find there is plenty to do and what about mates as well?

Sorry for all the questions.

From a worried mum.

Deb

Hi there :)

So what counts as a junior member?? I've just turned 18 (Jan), but my profile still says junior? Not that it probably matters :)

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan, the 'junior member' is reflective of the number of posts you've made. The younger ones section really attracts pre and early teens, but some older teens post here too - you can post on any part of the forum.

• 3 months later...
Guest Nadine199632

Hi lynnes im 16 and moved to brisbane from dublin in january, I was the same when i was first told i was moving i was really excited then it started to become real and it got much scarier , but tell your step daughter if she wants to add me on fb to ask me anything thats no bother:)

• 3 months later...
can anyone help

I am stepmum to a 17 year old girl and we have just told her that I have an interview on thursday for a job in Brisbane. Initially way back in the summer she said she was keen to move. However now that it is a reality and not something we just talk about she is very upset and now does not want to go. is there anyone who is about her age and already out in oz who can talk to her about what it's like to move half way around the world and leave friends, family etc. I would really apprecitate it if anyone could help with this dilemma, I really dont want to go against her wishes but deep down know she would benifit from this move.

Many thanks

Lynne

hi Lynne, I'm facing the same problem, 16-year-old was all for it and now that appication's well underway, is getting cold feet about the move. Where did you post this elsewhere on PIO so I can see the responses? And did you look into the education system there specially with regards to your daughter entering uni in a year or 2 years time? If you're not careful, you may very well end up having to pay internatonal student fees even after being out there for 2 years. It's just one of the things I found out. Let me know thanks, I'm trying to find ways to make the move easier for my daughter too.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm not really your daughter's age as I am due to be turning 14 soon, but I just thought I'd say that we moved from Scotland almost 2 years ago and it is really hard but your second year is alot easier than your first. Coming out here from the UK you find that high school is alot different and you don't seen to have as much freedom but once you've made a close circle of friends it's much better and with facetime and Skype you can easily keep in contact with everyone at home.

Hope it helps,

Robyn

Archived