Newly arrived in Point Cook....

Hello fellow PIO ers!

We have been in Point Cook just over a month and was wondering if any other newbies would like to meet for a chat/coffee. My name is Kitty and I'm a nurse but not found work yet so I've got a bit of free time on my hands. My two daughters are 15 and 16 and finding the whole move pretty stressful. Would love to meet new people and make some new friendships.

Look forward to all the replies!!

Kitty and Steve :v_SPIN:

Hi!

We're not far from you in Williamstown. Actually went for a drive around Point Cook at the weekend. Been here about 2 months. Also have 2 girls but they're quite a bit younger, although you wouldn't know it sometimes. Also have lots of freetime for coffee at the moment.

Emma x

hi kitty my names tess, we'r moving to point cook but unfortunatly not untill jan!!! oh work has a few scottish folk and most of them are in that area so if you hear a scottish accent just go and start a conversation us scots just love a natter! sorry i cant help just now but hang in there xx

hi we loved point cook, very new and clean etc. santuary lakes was also very nice but more expensive and harder to get land!!! didnt get round ti mornington sorry.

Guest emma cant wait to go!

Hi Kitty, great that you are in point cook, as we have also been looking at living there. Should be arriving in September all being well, although not booked flights yet. Please let me know how it's all going, i'd love any info/hints/tips! We have a friend in Highton, Geelong who is loving Australia after being there for 18 months,but it's nice to know others who are only a step or 2 ahead of us.

Sounds like there may be a couple of us who could meet up for coffee before too long!!

Emma xx

Hi Kitty,

Well we are not there just yet hopefully by dec or jan we are heading towards hoppers, or werribie, wyndam vale way we have friends in Trugannina and she has a daughter around 16 I think so if the house sells and we get over, will have to meet up. We are in our 30's no children.

I have just looked at Point Cook on that google map thing from another thread. Dont know if Im looking at the wrong bit but it looks very bare and empty. Maybe it is from a while back and they have more houses built now, dont know. Have a look and see if its just me.

Really liked the idea but slightly put off by the google map now!!!

I have just looked at Point Cook on that google map thing from another thread. Dont know if Im looking at the wrong bit but it looks very bare and empty. Maybe it is from a while back and they have more houses built now, dont know. Have a look and see if its just me.

Really liked the idea but slightly put off by the google map now!!!

this was the last house i owned in Australia 80 foxwood drive point cook victoria australia

Google Maps

Geoffrey

Hi, I just wanted to ask what you think of Point Cook, we are thinking of there or Sanctuary Lakes or Mornington as our base?

Hi everyone,

We have been here 7 weeks now and have no regrets about moving here. We had researched the area before we moved out but took a gamble as we'd never actually been here! I'm sure many others have done something similar in other parts of Oz as well.

Point Cook is developing on a HUGE scale that would be unimaginable back in the UK. Due to it's very commutable distance (22 Km) to the CBD (City) it is proving extremely popular. You get the best of both worlds really; good value land/property and you can enjoy what the City has to offer. Yes, it is like living on a permanent building site in some areas but the facilities are improving all the time. The new Point Cook Town Centre (large shopping centre) opens on the 21 August which negates the need to go shopping further afield to Hoppers or Werribee. Although both those places are in truth pretty close anyway. But at least the Town Centre is very much walkable when it does open.

If you want that big beautiful house you've always dreamt off and be within easy reach of the City then you can't go wrong really. It's like everywhere, it suits some peoples needs but not others. So if you're not the gambling type, then get yourself into an apartment or a rental and see how you feel.

Good luck,

Kitty

wow thats a beautful house Geoffrey ,would you be moving back to that area if Tracy likes it?

Cal x

I would like to think so! I'll let Tracy decide, only 8 weeks and 1 day before i hop on that big bird and get to see my wonderful home land again. Can't wait

I would like to think so! I'll let Tracy decide, only 8 weeks and 1 day before i hop on that big bird and get to see my wonderful home land again. Can't wait

Oh Geoffrey I bet Tracy falls in love with it too. Can't wait to see your reccie report and Tracy's thoughts on Oz on PIO ,

Mrs Tyke xx

Guest spock

Hi, Does anyone who lives in Point Cook know if there is a secondary school there? I was under the impression that there was a new school opening there some time this year. Any ideas anyone. Cheers Jo.

Oh Geoffrey I bet Tracy falls in love with it too. Can't wait to see your reccie report and Tracy's thoughts on Oz on PIO ,

Mrs Tyke xx

I hope she does, I plan on taking her to all the places most people would never think to go and see while on holiday we may need to come home and have a rest after our holiday! LOL

The only problem is Tracy may get over-loaded I have my trip planned from the airport to Phillip Is (normal time 2 hours) i think it might take 6 hours LOL and considering we arrive at 5 in the morning it may be waisted as Tracy loves to have a sleep while i drive.

The sad thing is I don't like to plan anything so I never get disappointed, you know what its like with the weather etc. But i can't help myself I guess I just want Tracy to have a holiday of a life time.

I'm a proud Australian who loves to show off my country I should of stayed a coach driver rather than getting into trucks.:arghh:

Geoffrey

Archived