last relative visa

Guest andie and shell

Guest andie and shell

Hi everyone

my wife has her brother who lives in cleveland brisbane, he has australian citizenship along with his wife and kid, and my wifes mum and dad recently retired to oz, got their son to sponsor them on a non contributory paren visa. The question is can my wife and I emigrate to oz on the last relative visa even though my mum and dad, are still alive and I have 2 kids with my ex wife but they are not dependant on me. But they would like to move to oz when the are old enuff even thougy my ex wife is kicking up a stink

Guest june coates

hi andy,

i thaught i was a certainty for last remaining relative visa.my husband died 2 yrs ago which left me with no blood relations at all in uk.my mother had died just after my birth and my father remarried and emigrated to oz 30 yrs ago.i had no contact with him or his new family but knew both him and his wife were both dead.i filled all the details in to the best of my knowledge and because one of my half brothers had married a newzealand girl and was last known to be living in nz,i was denied visa and lost preciuos time and money.because you have kids with your ex wife,i think it will immediately cancel out remaining.i would find out more before paying application fee,as i did

I might be imagining it but I have always wondered why its so hard for Brits families to migrate as well. Lots of other nationalities seem to be able to bring all their brothers sisters, mothers fathers here. I think its essential for all migrants to have family reunion if they want it.

:smile:

I would be 99.99999999% certain you can't I am afraid. Because your parents and children are about, these are classed as your wifes relatives and therefore she is not a last remaining relative. Sorry!

Reason I am certain of this is that my 21 yr old daughter is still in the UK. My OH, myself and her only sibling are here in Oz. She has a boyfriend in the UK but doesn't live with him - she is staying with her grandparents and as long as it stays that way she is eligible to come when we are at a point we can sponsor her BUT if she moves in with her boyfriend then he and his parents and sister become her 'relatives' and she would no longer be eligible. It is a difficult situation to be in because we could not include her in our visa (skilled independant) because although living at home with us she was working and deemed independant of us :sad: I live for the day she can come.

Lyn

• 1 year later...
Guest pankit

Hi Everyone,

I am in process on converting parents subclass 103 to 143 or 173. I am the citizen of australia and have a younger brother here on student visa. I would like to sponsoe him under RLL, soon after my parents granted a CPV visas. Can I able to do that? Can I sponsor him soon after my parents got their CPV visa. Is it possible if I convert my parents visa file from 103 to 173 and still able to sponsor my younger borther as RLL. Also, after the grant of CPV visa to my parents, do they need to stay in australia until my yonger brother will granted his RLL or they can travel back after some time to home country, as my father still has a job over there. Can anybody able to answer for these questions.

Thanks in advance.

Archived