Defacto spouse visa application

Guest marias

Guest marias

Hello,

I was after some advice related to my defact spouce visa application coming up on 14th August, in particular related to the 12 month relationship evidence required.

My partner and i will have been living together for 12 months on 14th august 08 (the day i arrived in OZ last year) and we don't have the lease in each of our name and also have minimal bills in joint names (this is due to my partner having lived in the current property for 5 years prior to me living wiht him) and i was wondering if anyone else had the same issue and what other docuemntation you gave to support the fact that you have been together 12 months prior and are committed to a future together as we are.

So far i have gathered the following info:

- bank statements - we opened a joint account in October 07

- other official documentation with our address on

- photos

- emails to each other before i came to Oz to live with my partner

- car insurance

- gym memembership

Any help and advice would be appreciated,

Maria :)

Hi Maria,

If you are applying onshore have you opted for an interview with a migration officer (you & your partner go) and its so easy & you can explain why you do not have certain bills & things in joint names,you can lodge your application at this time too as long as you have completed your medicals.

Anything that mentions you & your partner will be ideal,

cards/invites to parties/weddings etc

flight tickets or holiday documents/photos,

joint memberships to any social clubs etc

phone or any other bills,

credit card statements

life assurance/wills

car docs & car insurance

stat decs from people are great to have too

even from your boss,rental agent (to say you lived at the abode with him) friends,family,

Good luck, sure you will be fine

stuju

Archived