Nepean Shores Riverside Resort near Penrith, NSW

Guest Badger Brock

Guest Badger Brock

Hi there folks, Im thinking of buying one of these resort homes to retire to even though it will be an hour to where my daughter and family live in Rosebery. Has anyone any knowledge or experience of the Penrith area? it just seems an ideal place to live with a dog, you get more for your money and lots of walks near the river, and it sounds a quieter area as well. Hope someone knows about the area.

Veronica

(dog's flight is booked for 21 October!!)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi There.

I live in the lower Blue Mountains about 5 k from Penrith. We go walking along the Nepean quite regularly. It's a bit chilly at the moment but conversely can be rather hot in summer. We really enjoy the walk and the bird life is quite interesting with Pelicans, Cormorants, Herons and various wild fowl.

The area around Nepean Shores is a little industrial as you can probably see on Google Earth. This is mainly made up of retail parks along Mulgoa Road which runs parallel to the river. Handy for Bunnings(B&Q in UK), furniture stores, Panthers RL. But I guess the resort is sufficiently far enough away from this to be nice and quiet.

There is a nice hotel further along the river where you can sit out with a beer and have a meal with a view over the Blue Mountains. Really pleasant on warm evenings.

Penrith town centre itself is ok. There's a large shopping centre if you like that sort of thing and a good little high street if you can stand the heat in mid summer.

The train service to Penrith from central is good (about an hour) and Parramatta is about 30mins along the motorway is you need a larger shopping mall. The one there is huge.

Its 5 mins to Glenbrook National Park where you can go bush walking and see the local kangaroos. Katoomba at the top of the Blue Mountains is about 45 mins in the car and is nice in summer. Bit chilly now though.

If you need anything more just ask. I can take a wsalk down there and take some photos if you like

Ian

Archived